Returning to FFXIV – A quick thank you in advance.

Forum Forums Discussion Returning to FFXIV – A quick thank you in advance.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Skynet
    Skynet
    Participant

I am returning to FFXIV as I left to play another game last year which I regret now.
    First thing I did when I came back was buy another subscription to Miqobot.

Thank you so much for offering your service at such a reasonable price, and friendly forums you take so much stress out of playing the game with your combat assist. (I can play tank and White Mage easy enough without) but the other classes I just suck at, and the classes I can play, well the bot picks up the slack that i might miss, and do more dps than I could ever muster.
    Looking forward to your continued updates too and seeing what QoL updates you have in future.

A quick feature suggestion while I am here, its probably not possible, so ignore if this is the case.
    But in Combat Assist turned on, can it face away from target if you are supposed to, for example if the target is going to cast Scream or Confuse or Death or something? Would be a nice QoL, but not sure if its entirely possible.

Looking forward to playing again with the help of Miqobot!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Thank you for your kind words very much.

Yes, this feature is possible but is extremely complex.
    In order to implement it, we will have to create a database of all enemy abilities that require facing away. In addition, certain encounters involve several targets casting gaze abilities at the same time, and sometimes this mechanic is coupled with AoE dodging and other requirements. It can not be classified as a simple QoL improvement.

It’s an advanced feature that will be available in the future raiding toolkit.
    Thank you for your request!

Chomosuke
    Chomosuke
    Participant
    1+

maybe itd be possible to have the combat routine pause itself when it sees the eye image that overlays the enemy as it casts the spell? Then we could manually turn around? What I do when I see the turn-around gazes is just hit my manual pause button and turn around

shadowthegamer
    Participant
    2+

You might be better off setting a hotkey for those kinds of situations. Mine is – as example, which I mapped to a button on the mouse. This way I can pause Miqobot for small moments, then hit that key again and continue like usual.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Just set up ACT voice trigger for that, and set up a hotkey to turn on/off Miqobot on the fly, this simple behaviour save tons of work from dev, it’s not worth all the working hours when workaround like this one is easy to handle by the user.

For E8S and the mirrored gaze, you’ll have to do it once or twice depending on the pattern, there’s 3 gaze, one that is 100% avoidable without stopping fighting if the strategy is executed properly (2nd one), one that can’t be avoided (1st one), and one that depends on the pattern (final one).

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Carl Arbogast Carl Arbogast.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Carl Arbogast Carl Arbogast.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

maybe itd be possible to have the combat routine pause itself when it sees the eye image that overlays the enemy as it casts the spell? Then we could manually turn around? What I do when I see the turn-around gazes is just hit my manual pause button and turn around

Identifying the eye animation is not a simple algorithm. It requires an internal database of all enemy abilities that have this animation.
    And sometimes pause is not the appropriate solution, because there are cases in which you have to perform other actions during the gaze attack.

Please continue using the manual pause feature when necessary, as this is the intended solution for now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.