Retainer Venture Bot Function

Forum Forums Discussion Retainer Venture Bot Function

This topic contains 32 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

One Thing out of personal interest. How do you breach the 2 Client Thing. I just can start my ffxiv Client 2 times. 3rd threw VMware is difficult as it doesnt use Directx 11

Use process explorer: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer
    Select a running game process and kill two mutants with ‘ffxiv_game’ in their name. Then you can launch another client.

Thx for the tip, I downlöoaded it. Where do i find those mutants with ffxiv_game in their Name.

I see the two running Clients, but those are probably not what i should kill

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Sorry dont remember exactly look in the menu. Should be something about pane with properties.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

One Thing out of personal interest. How do you breach the 2 Client Thing. I just can start my ffxiv Client 2 times. 3rd threw VMware is difficult as it doesnt use Directx 11

Use process explorer: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer
    Select a running game process and kill two mutants with ‘ffxiv_game’ in their name. Then you can launch another client.

found this,

In ffxiv, you are only allowed to launch 2 clients at a time. But, there is a way to launch 3 or more. It it a little complicated, so please follow these instructions exactly.
    1. Grab Proc Explorer from Sys Internals from HERE
    2. Run FFXIV and login to the game
    3. Alt-Tab back to proc explorer. Find the FFXIV process and right click for Properties.
    4. Copy the command line.
    5. On your desktop or wherever, make a new shortcut. For the launch string, paste the command line you copied earlier.
    6. Save and enjoy.

This shortcut will remain valid for quite a while (several days when I tested it).
    This will allow you to run 3+ clients, which is really great for botting. You can grab the FFXIV Bot from a site like and use it to bot a full party together. Pretty neat no? Check them out.

And for my Little Knowledge in those Things this raises a new Questions:

What does the fellow mean with his Point number 5, What Kind of shortcut does he mean and how do i copy the comand line in this shortcut?

As this is a huge Problem for me since over 2 years. it would be extrmly helpful to solve the Problem that i can only run 2 Clients of FFXiv on my System… and now for the first time i feel that there may be a solution …

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by 4DDCom 4DDCom.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Not sure ive never tried this way. Cant make a step by step because im not at home but it should be pretty easy. Just find a lower pane in the menu.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

sorry i am not a native english Speaker. What do you mean by lower pane in this context, And do you mean the menu in the process Explorer?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Yea theres an option in process explorer somewhere. It opens a separate pane with properties and you can find process mutants there.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

i think i opened that pane

how do i identify such a Mutant, because it Shows a lot of peocesses but Nothing with Mutant or mutex inside

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

thx for the screen … yes this window is open now

Oh My god after 2 years it worked

thx a lot Lyfox

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

If you select a process it shows its handles in the lower pane. Like Directory/File/etc. Scroll down through them. Youll see a few handles with type Mutant.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

If you select a process it shows its handles in the lower pane. Like Directory/File/etc. Scroll down through them. Youll see a few handles with type Mutant.

as above

i solved it with your guidance THX a lot

and now i run around to miqo and buy a third catnip 🙂

Arc
    Arc
    1+

Fun 🙂 Then I wonder why didn’t other player create guides like “what to hoard before the new patch” already!

Ehh… Just a quick comment on what Gray wrote on page 1…

THEY DO. Every time before an expansion people on reddit write huge guides what to buy, what to hoard, etc. etc. But the thing is, people are apparently either too stupid, not invested enough or don’t have the foresight to follow them. I personally have done this before Stormblood in a small frame. Back then I was around the 2 million gil level. When Stormblood launched, I crafted primal weapons and jumped from 2 million up to 150 million in just 2 days and I wasn’t botting. I was doing the new content all the time and only took about 15 minutes to craft the new stuff.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Arc Arc.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Arc Arc.
    Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Reddit, you say? It’s weird they don’t post it on official forums, but… thanks anyway, I’ll register there as well, then 😉 Hopefully, alike guide appears there before the next addon!

Arc
    Arc

90% of all talk about FFXIV is on Reddit. The FFXIV Reddit has more than 238.000 subscribers and usually anything that happens is discussed there, since it’s fast and convenient.

However the community there is kinda…special. You are not allowed to criticize anything about FFXIV (unless it’s something everyone agrees that it’s shit like Blue Mage being a limited job or Viera and Hrothgar becoming gender-locked races in Shadowbringers) or the dev team or else the whole community will jump on you and downvote you to Nirvana.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

The official forum is straight up cancer.. Reddit is more like AIDS.. xD

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.