Request: Light farm scenario

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Request: Light farm scenario

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nomlas 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Disney Princess
    Participant

I don’t know if its even possible but if someone can make a reliable working dungeon run good for light farming that would be great.
    I found a old scenario made by someone for Haukke manor hard but I encountered a lot of issues so I went ahead to alter it and make it better for myself but even so I encounter issues now and then due to inconsistency and kill switching.

I did my best for my first try doing a scenario, granted I went off someone’s old preset. But it didn’t turn out great so I could use help if its possible.

The farm for relics is so meh I’m trying to lessen the burden.

mrzepher67
    Participant
    1+

So, miqo can handle solo farming unsynced dungeons perfectly fine for the dungeons that are programmed in (assuming gear isn’t an issue), but you can’t queue into them normally since the normal function is tied to the squadron dialogue.

The workaround is to queue yourself into the instance unsynced and THEN start the squadron assist. Miqo will then run the dungeon solo. It’s not the MOST efficient way to farm light but you don’t need to press any buttons yourself and it only took a few hours so I didn’t mind.

This is the scenario I used for both farming Brayflox Longstop (normal) for 2 different Zeta weapons, and Sohm Al (normal) for the Anima weapon.
    It uses manual key inputs to open and navigate the duty finder window, so you’ll need to plug in whatever inputs you have for that and then watch it a few times to get it right (i have confirm bound to NUM1, i think everything else is default, i dont actually remember).

If you’re running brayflox you’ll need to comment out one of the NUM8 inputs before the NUM6; for some reason sohm al needs an extra up input to get to the accept button. Do not touch the game window in between runs; the number of inputs you need to send to the duty finder changes depending on if the cursor is already present so you can throw it off really easily. If you need to change it make the change and start over already instanced in the dungeon (just skip through all the stuff before the squadron part).

The duty finder part is the only real fiddly bit, so watch it for a few runs and mess with the key inputs until miqo can get it right two or three times in a row without needing to baby it and you should be good to leave it after that. 5 or 6 runs babysitting miqo is better than having to run 30-40 dungeons yourself 😉

edit: I forgot to note, the scenario assumes the correct dungeon is already selected in the duty finder window; I recommend starting the scenario already in the dungeon and just skipping to the “squadron()” command.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  mrzepher67.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  mrzepher67.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Uxhak
    Participant

Can you get light if you run the actual squadron dungeon?

Nomlas
    Participant

you can, but it’s almost certainly slower. I’ve been using garuda ex unsynced for light farming but checked and found stone vigil runs worked too just at a less efficient time/light ratio.
    Will probably try this scenario out for my next relic.

Uxhak
    Participant

If garuda ex works for light then just use garuda ex it would be faster then any other dungeon and a quick search showed that it would give the same amount of light as Shom al. Also Garuda Ex is already built into Miqobot for combat for tank mount farming but works with all classes

mrzepher67
    Participant

If garuda ex works for light then just use garuda ex it would be faster then any other dungeon and a quick search showed that it would give the same amount of light as Shom al. Also Garuda Ex is already built into Miqobot for combat for tank mount farming but works with all classes

The issue with this is that you have to have the weapon equipped, and even with the rest of your gear being current that makes soloing the primals more difficult than necessary on certain classes making the dungeons faster, especially in the case of the ARR relics.

But yeah generally farming Garuda for the anima weapon might be easier. In my case I already had this scenario from when I did some of the ARR relics (where I found brayflox to be faster due to light bonuses proccing on dungeons) so I just swapped the dungeon and let it run overnight.

Nomlas
    Participant

Yeah, for the zodiac relics unless you hit a bonus slot you need 120 Garuda ex runs. Which for a white mage at lvl 74 took me 5 mins per run, and as a 74 bard took 2mins (both in full scaevan), so your milage may vary
    I generally set miqo to do it in batches of 13, stopping between to check retainers and trade in the garuda rings for seals.
    Been working through a big netflix backlog lol

in all honesty, since for a later stage you need 80000 seals using a scenario to do “2 stone vigil > trade in for seals > repeat” may not be a terrible plan.
    I’ll happily take advice on how to streamline this process. 8 weapons to go.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.