[Request] Auto-fire picked combat abilities to increase DPS

Forum Forums Discussion [Request] Auto-fire picked combat abilities to increase DPS

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Carl Arbogast Carl Arbogast 8 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Hi,

I have a request regarding using Miqobot when doing combats.

Right now, I’m already doing what I’m requesting with the help of my Razer macros, while it’s already working quite well, it could be even better with Miqobot, because unlike my Razer macros, she’s aware of many things happening in the game and can choose where an when to do something.

I play BRD as main since 6 years now and here is what I’m doing today :

{Bloodletter}/{Rain of Death}
    Lots of BRD DPS comes from procs, when a DoT do a crit, it gives you a free instant {Bloodletter}/{Rain of Death} available, it can happens many times (ticks) in a row, and for example there are situations also where it can happens very close to the end of its normal recast, and if you don’t use it fast enough, you lose one.
    The trick is to be able to use them as soon as they are available, while not losing time in the GCD rotations.
    So what I did, is to set up a Razer macro spamming {Bloodletter}. During my BRD opener, I launch the macro, and from that point, Razer driver spam a keyboard key and never miss an available {Bloodletter}, I set up the spam delay to not be too quick (still faster than a server tick), to not flood the server, and to minimise its impact on delaying other abilities I’m using in my rotations.
    I set up 2 macros, one for {Bloodletter} (single target ability), and one for {Rain of Death} (AoE ability), they share the same recast and same proc. So depending on the situation, during the combat, I’m using one or the other one, and I’m switching from one to the other one by pressing each macro buttons, cause that way it will always shut down one macro and launch the other one. And when the combat is done, I’m switching off the current one.

{Misery’s End}
    This ability becomes available when an enemy HP is below 20%, while it’s simple to use it on a boss, it becomes tricky during many situations like DPS races on multi-target for example, like A6S right now, on the second boss, killing all Alpha Spheres requires to switch really fast on all of them, and finish the ones close to reach the center.
    I set up a macro that spam {Misery’s End} with the same delay as the previous one, but I launch it at a slightly different time at the end of my opener so that it spams it not quite at the same time.

{Hawk’s Eye}/{Raging Strikes}/{Blood for Blood}/{Internal Release}
    BRD has access to a lots of buff, there is 2 ways to handle them in the rotations, after using them all during the opener, separating them in 2 groups and use them only when some other ability that deal lot of damages become available, or use them as soon as they are available.
    The 1st strategy optimizes them to deal big damages specifically on one ability, while the second strategy doesn’t deal the same amount of damage, but since it uses them more often, it makes up for that, and in the end, from my parsing experiences, it’s the same average DPS.
    So, from this statement, I chose to use them as soon as they become available, so one minute after my opener, I start a macro that spam in cycle all these 4 buff, the macro press button A, then button B, then button C, then button D, then it starts all over again, slowly, again, to not spam the server too much, and to not prevent me to use my GCD normal rotation by overlapping too many keys.
    They are fights where I don’t use this macro, for example in A6S, I keep all my buff for every opener for all the bosses, and it’s convenient to be able to switch it off quick, because many fights have pause where you don’t want to use a buff when nothing happens, like during Sephirot Ex transformation, etc.

{Blunt Arrow}
    When I don’t need to silence something during a fight, I use this ability inside my DPS rotations, since there is no cast, I made also a macro spamming it. During the opener, depending on the fight, I launch it or not.

The only issue I can get is during fights that requires you to turn away from the boss, like for Petrifaction, etc. With these macros if I turn away, one can fire an arrow and screw me up, and if you deselect your target, you are fine unless you take some damages, which will immediately take your opponent as a target, so what I do is simply switching off the 3 macros that can screw me, wait until the boss does his ability, and I reapply them.

So why all these macros, cause that way I can focus more on the mechanics and my rotations, giving me precious time to land and refresh DoT on several targets at the same time, to remove Pacification from WAR, etc. etc. and all this without losing DPS.

Why do I want Miqobot to handle this in place of my Razer driver macros?
    For several reasons, the 1st one is because spamming keys all the time is not the best solution, and clutters too much the normal rotation, slowing it down a bit in the end.
    Second reason, it’s not very beautiful to watch when I stream/record, it shows with no doubt I’m using spamming macros.

How could Miqobot handle this better?
    Unlike my Razer stupid macros, Miqobot knows exactly when an ability becomes available, and she can starts to spam it only when it becomes available, and she will stop the spam right after the ability launched.
    This will prevent much of the clutters, she will be way more efficient than a random slow spam, giving me more DPS, and this will look totally legit when someone watch the stream/record.

Which features could Miqobot offers?
    Something simple, you choose an ability or a group of abilities, and you set up a key inside Miqobot for this ability or the group (a key not used in FFXIV), and when you will press it, Miqobot will spam available abilities as soon as they are available, she will stop to spam an ability after its launch, she will wait until the ability is again available to spam it again.
    Pressing the key we set up will start the spam or will stop it.
    Setting them as group or single makes it convenient to start or stop them independently, to adapt the best way possible to a specific fight.

I don’t know if it will be as useful for other jobs as it is for BRD, but it’s definitely very useful for BRD.
    Maybe Miqobot devs, or Miqobot users will find some new way to use this feature, and maybe Miqobot devs can find more useful features close to this one to increase DPS efficiently for end-game purposes.
    Because I do use Miqobot for fishing, gathering, crafting and for the Gold Saucer, but maybe there is some clean ways to use it to maximise DPS for end-game.

Thank you in advance for taking this into consideration.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

This is a very interesting feature, and we are very glad that you’ve raised this topic 🙂

Indeed, we have plans for this feature, and it’s currently in the early stages of research. We call it DPS Solver.
    Very much like Crafting Solver, it will be able to analyze the current state of the battle, constantly track your cooldowns, and decide the best skill to hit at each moment in order to maximize the overall DPS.

We are planning to implement several profiles for different jobs, including BRD of course. By assigning special shortcuts, you will be able to switch between them easily. You will be able to create your own profiles and share them just like any other preset for Miqobot.

Thank you very much for this request! 🙂
    We’ll be making announcements as we move further into development.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

This looks awesome, oh my god I can’t wait to use that feature, you guys really rock.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.