Repair infrequently fails

Forum Forums Discussion Repair infrequently fails

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Fer
    Participant

I try to use the Dark Matter “repair()” function to avoid having to navigate away when repeating a chapter in a scenario, but I seem to have issues where it randomly just fails to do anything. I know that in the last instance, the repair menu was just left on screen, with the following logs:

(3:20:57 PM) Hitting Confirm button. :3
    (3:21:09 PM) I’m hitting Confirm button, but Synthesis never starts.
    (3:21:09 PM) Maybe we don’t have any materials left?
    (3:21:09 PM) Crafting stopped.
    (3:21:28 PM) Sorry, can’t repair šŸ™

In this instance, I don’t know what went wrong with the crafting, because I had all the materials left. Is this likely something that caused a problem with the repair?

In other occurrences, I have not caught it right away, and gear has gotten incredibly broken to the point of synthesis failures. Is there anything I can do to maybe make this more reliable? Below is an example of a scenario I am doing a lot.

recipe(item, 1)
    solverPreset(fastest)
    craft(150)
    repair()
    repeatChapter(6)

Kim_Lee
    Participant

Try putting repair() on a different page and see if it changes.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

(3:20:57 PM) Hitting Confirm button. :3
    (3:21:09 PM) Iā€™m hitting Confirm button, but Synthesis never starts.

This message indicates that Miqobot has tried to initiate the synthesis process multiple times, but her actions do not trigger any response from the game client.

This issue usually happens under extensive mouse movement, due to the fact that Miqobot does not use code injections. For example, when you are browsing the web or play another game with Final Fantasy XIV in the background, your mouse movement is effectively blocking signals Miqobot sends to the game. And of course, this may cause problems with repair() function as well.

(3:21:09 PM) Crafting stopped.
    (3:21:28 PM) Sorry, can’t repair šŸ™

This message indicates that repair() function failed due to a timeout of 15 seconds.
    Since extensive mouse movement is blocking all actions initiated by Miqobot, it becomes impossible to coordinate processes in the game client.

In order to prevent this behaviour, please switch your game to Windowed mode and minimize it.

You can find detailed explanation of the problem in the Known Issues section:

• An issue wherein Miqobot would fail to move a game cursor, under extensive mouse movement.
      Unfortunately, this can not be fixed without code injections, and we have no plans for implementing code injections.
      Miqobot is aware of this situation, and she will patiently wait for mouse to stop moving before making another attempt. She needs a small fraction of a second (about 0.25 sec) in order to recover from this issue. Under normal circumstances you wouldn’t even notice this behaviour.
      If you want to prevent this behaviour completely, please consider switching the game to Windowed mode and minimizing it, when you run Miqobot in the background. Thus, mouse cursor will not be able to run over the game’s window and will not interfere.
    Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

I have a question for possibly the Miqobot team and possibly other users, depending on who might know: if I’m using the virtual desktops feature of windows (win+tab, you can make new “virtual” desktops that contain their own sets of windows) and have FFXIV on one but I’m on a different one, does the cursor moving still interfere?

Fer
    Participant

Is this likely to have been a problem if I was away from my desktop when it was happening? I had specifically been trying to get a timing estimate on how long the 150 crafts was going to take, so I just let it run and moved away to do other things. The computer wasn’t being interacted with, and the only other “intensive” thing up was a paused Twitch VOD and a paused Youtube video, other than maybe 20 random random tabs.

No reason to believe the mouse was moving extensively during this time, even though it is possible for small mouse movements due to random vibrations and the such. Good to know that minimizing the client is recommended, I typically just have it running low res windowed so I can view it while doing other things.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

In this case, we have to know what exactly happened in the game at this moment.
    If you are certain that there was no mouse movement and nobody from your household was using the computer, then something else blocked Miqobot. It could be caused by another character trying to interact with you in the game or by a third-party application interference, but without additional information we can not identify the exact problem.

Fer
    Participant

Is there any way to gather additional information from miqobot? I only know of the crafting logs that are considered “additional logging”

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

No, Miqobot does not monitor your ingame character interactions or other applications running at the moment, because it would pose a significant security risk.
    It could also be caused by something that is impossible to log, such as certain parts of the system going dormant or a faulty mouse hardware that causes random cursor vibrations.

Does this issue occur when the game client is minimized as well?
    Does it still occur randomly?
    Have you managed to notice any common factors in the moments when it happens?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.