Relatively New to FFXIV and Botting

Forum Forums Discussion Relatively New to FFXIV and Botting

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  stellem_Ruy 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Vyxion
    Participant

Hi everyone! I’m brand new to this community and about 2 months in to FFXIV. I just completed ARR and am in the middle stuff between ARR and HS. As it stands now I have 300k to my name and lvl 50 BLM/RDM and then lvl 5 mining. I’d love to get my Gatherering skills up, like mining and fishing. I’d love to get a clear picture for what Miqobot can help me with. If I start with botting, will it ruin the game for me? Is it also a bad idea to bot on my one and only account? What sort of ban rates does Square Enix pass on down and do you have any tips for me? If there are any super helpful forum guides on Miqobot that you’d recommend I read, give it a share and I’ll get to it!

Looking forward to hearing some advice and opinions as well as joining this community.

Best,
    Vyx

dropbear77
    Participant

have you tried looking through the help section? there should be enough information and guide 🙂 good luck

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  dropbear77.
    Nomenak
    Nomenak
    Participant

Hi everyone

I’m new too. Recently i bought a key, my goal is reach max lvl with all the gatherings and crafters.

Going to check all the topics in help section and stuff.

Cya!

Vyxion
    Participant

Yep! I have been scouring the help section for a while and found lots. More of wondering what people’s opinion seems to be on botting before I’ve really gotten to know or mastered the game and what Miqobot would best help me with.

Arc
    Arc
    6+

If I start with botting, will it ruin the game for me?

That depends on what you like about the game. If you like the very long grind of leveling every job to max (back in HW it took me 8 months of not-dedicated grind to get all crafters and gatherers to 60), then yes, it will ruin the game for you.

However, if you, like the majority of us dislike tedious grind, just for the sake of grinding, then botting will most certainly make the game a much more enjoyable experience, since you can get a lot of mats that require non-stop brainless running in circles while you can do something else with your life.

In terms of “what makes the game exciting”, Miqo will most likely not touch this, since most of the greatest experiences actually lie in endgame combat content, where Miqobot only serves as training wheels for preparation to this content.

Is it also a bad idea to bot on my one and only account?

I would say no, as long as you use Miqobot thoughtfully. Just don’t bot 24/7, when you are not even remotely close to your PC and you shouldn’t have a problem. I’ve been using Miqo for 3 years now on my one and only main account, that got already hundreds of euros (of mogstation items) and I only got a 3 day ban for using Miqobot, because I used it in the most retarded fashion possible (botting for 1 week 24/7 during the make it rain Gold Saucer event, where everyone is there).
    Still, since then I learned from my mistake and only use it as an additional help, while I’m actually playing for the most part and never had any issues with it since then.

What sort of ban rates does Square Enix pass on down and do you have any tips for me?

Basically every few weeks they release their ban numbers, which often looks super-intimidating, as they show around 9000-10.000 banned user accounts. However these are usually just gil-selling ad-bots that stand in Limsa advertising websites like pvpbank. A second number they usually release is the number of users temporarily suspended for cheating (which is Miqobot and other similar bots) and this number usually is in the 5-20 users range (you have to consider ffxiv has around 600.000-1.000.000 active users from which several thousands bot).
    So as you can see, the chances of you getting banned, if you use Miqo smart are rather low.

If there are any super helpful forum guides on Miqobot that you’d recommend I read, give it a share and I’ll get to it!

There are several. For instance, the most interesting links you wanna look at are:

– The Help Section: Here you’ll get a general understanding on how to use Miqobot. And let me tell you: It is extremely easy

– The Discussion Section: More specifically, the pinned threads. There are some interesting infos on upcoming features, newly implemented features and explanations how to use the newest features

– Gathering grids index: here you’ll find all grids for almost all gatherable items (Shadowbringers items coming soon)

– Scenarios index: the same for scenarios (customized routines that cover everything from teleporting to a location, gathering some stuff, turning it in as collectible, repairing your gear, etc. which makes the bot look really human)
    https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/index-scenarios/
    – Crafting Scenario Generator: Lyfox really made us a serving by writing this script. With this you can make a list of items you want to craft on Garlandtools (one of the best databases for ffxiv), run the script over the page and copy the results into the scenario tab in Miqo. You just need all the mats and miqo will then craft everything (including sub-mats) for you afterwards

Looking forward to hearing some advice and opinions as well as joining this community.

Best,
    Vyx

Welcome to the Miqobot community and have a good time here 🙂

Best,
    Arc

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Arc Arc.

Vyxion
    Participant

Hey Arc, thanks for the amazing response. Definitely sheds some light on the bigger questions I had. I played Runescape for 15 years off and on and the grind was something that eventually I was burnt out on. I haven’t even started the gathering skills here apart from mining, and just doing 5 levels felt like a chore. Glad to hear that it won’t take away any pleasures of the game, since grinding is not one of mine. You talked about Miqo being training wheels. Did you mean this as in being able to use a combat assist to cast abilities or just in that it levels your classes to get you there?

Again, thank you for the information. SUPER helpful.

Vyx

Arc
    Arc
    1+

I haven’t even started the gathering skills here apart from mining, and just doing 5 levels felt like a chore.

What you could do, to get at least a little bit more fun out of the grind for now, would be to do Gathering Levequests. If you don’t know what I mean yet, it’s the npc with this icon above his head:

These are the same kind of grind as well, but hey, at least you get a large chunk of exp for every completed levequests, which makes the gathering a little bit more rewarding.
    If you still get burned out from gathering though, feel free to get yourself a Miqobot license, fetch yourself a few grids from the scenario index (look at your gathering log and always gather the highest-level item for 5 levels) and let her do the job. She’s pretty good at it 😉

Glad to hear that it won’t take away any pleasures of the game, since grinding is not one of mine.

Yeah, Miqo just cuts out the grind. Just put ffxiv in windowed mode, let Miqo do the grind for you (make sure to set ‘play sounds while game is inactive’ on in the audio settings and only set ‘system sounds’ on in the list of sounds that should be played when the game is in the background, so you can hear whispers, or the infamous GM message sound (which I never ever heard myself in the game up until this day).

You talked about Miqo being training wheels. Did you mean this as in being able to use a combat assist to cast abilities or just in that it levels your classes to get you there?

Yes and no. I meant, that Miqobot:
    A) Can help you a little with combat assist by showing you how and when to use which skill
    B) Can get your crafter levels up and gather the items for you, so you can craft gear for raiding easily without having to manually grind (that gear is like the training wheels I meant)

Again, thank you for the information. SUPER helpful.

It’s nice to hear this. Happy to be of your service 🙂

stellem_Ruy
    Participant
    1+

New myself and I’ve gotta say, running miqo for the first time set my heart aflutter. I’ve done my fair share of writing custom automation scripts and general code modification for games on the assembly level but perusing the functionality of this client is absolutely fascinating, let alone a sight to witness. If you’re planning on playing and merely having this handle the tedious bits, it can do naught but assist; it’s quite robust.

In your case of handling gathering, I haven’t had any issues in having it complete tasks. As for ruining the experience, I suggest faffing about with them for the first levels then switching when you feel the drain (you will know, the feeling that causes you to drop your hands and cock your head in realization). I loved fishing until around level 52 I caught myself researching python libraries for image/sound recognition and interpretation to implement..so I tried botting for the first time.

Currently using it on my one and only account. I wouldn’t consider myself the foolhardy type either, just personally find it to be a nonissue to simply not overindulge? Like, just don’t run it overnight? Set implausibly tight achievement windows? Toggle it for forty minutes or so when you got wash the dishes, again when you do the laundry, again when you walk the dog, etc. I am genuinely of the opinion a person of average intelligence would have the notion and capability to keep a low profile which — coupled with the apparent method of implementation miqo employs — would make detection far closer to nil.

I can’t speak for combat bits as I’ve only dabbled with fishing and goldsaucer minigames. Dungeons I will play. The MGP payout for anything in the saucer? Yeah, I’d like to spare myself months.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Relatively New to FFXIV and Botting’ is closed to new replies.