Really need a bot with MB undercut feature.

Forum Forums Discussion Really need a bot with MB undercut feature.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Matthew 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

tiennumidori
    Participant

I know Miqobot does not support MB undercut feature, but I am wondering if others know of another bot with such a feature. I am really desperate to know, please.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Even if there was it wouldnt really help because everybody would be using it. Its basically a pvp feature. Take a look here.

iifetap
    Participant
    3+

I really hope an undercutting feature is never apart of MB. The markets are already pretty much destroyed and trying to sell 80** potions and food is nearly impossible due to there already being an undercutting bot out there.

tiennumidori
    Participant

I know it does exist because I have personally witnessed a bot on my server using it. I just need to know which bot has that feature.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    1+

Uh No we dont.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Most likely a private one. Your best bet is to hire a developer to make it for you.

But i dont think it will help anyway. The reason your potions arent selling is not because someones undercutting you. Its because nobody needs them. The game is in lull until 5.1. There are no players to buy so the only thing you can achieve with undercutting bot is grind the prices into dust.

tiennumidori
    Participant

lol I’m not selling cheap shit like potions, I’m dealing in high ticket stuff that sells often that undercutting often hardly makes a difference, but thanks for assuming my situation.

I don’t understand the fear mongering with undercut bots here when they have been used just fine in WoW and other games.

But thanks for the help, I will look elsewhere.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    5+

I didnt assume anything. Ive mentioned potions as they were already mentioned in this thread as an example. Sorry if you feel offended i didnt mean to.

I don’t understand the fear mongering with undercut bots here when they have been used just fine in WoW and other games.

Theres no fear. It simply doesnt make sense to create such tool for public access.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator
    1+

Even if there was it wouldnt really help because everybody would be using it.

There is another reason why it won’t help: your toon is not Hermione Granger (I bet), and can’t be at two different places at the same time. So, while you stand near market board and check prices every 5 secs – you don’t grind, you don’t craft, you don’t do ANYTHING else which makes profit. You basically lose hours and hours and hours of bot time to make sure you sell your stuff just some 10-20 gil cheaper than your initial price.

This is what makes me ponder: why don’t you just lower price by some 10% to make sure you sell your stuff, and then have your toon free to farm more stuff for the next day(/night) instead of just sitting and checking price during that time?

Theonething
    Participant

I know it does exist because I have personally witnessed a bot on my server using it. I just need to know which bot has that feature.

This probably means you’re competing with said person whom you believe to botting in such a manor so…what are you just going bot undercut each other until you reduce the item price to nothing? lol

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Even if there was it wouldnt really help because everybody would be using it.

There is another reason why it won’t help: your toon is not Hermione Granger (I bet), and can’t be at two different places at the same time. So, while you stand near market board and check prices every 5 secs – you don’t grind, you don’t craft, you don’t do ANYTHING else which makes profit. You basically lose hours and hours and hours of bot time to make sure you sell your stuff just some 10-20 gil cheaper than your initial price.

This is what makes me ponder: why don’t you just lower price by some 10% to make sure you sell your stuff, and then have your toon free to farm more stuff for the next day(/night) instead of just sitting and checking price during that time?

Because this doesnt guarantee shit. All it does is plummet prices as if there’s a “bot” undercutting, it’ll just undercut you by 1 gil, then you come around and undercut it by 10% and the loop continues.

Even if it was a high ticket item, undercutting by 10% seems like a waste.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Because this doesnt guarantee shit. All it does is plummet prices as if there’s a “bot” undercutting, it’ll just undercut you by 1 gil, then you come around and undercut it by 10% and the loop continues.

Even if it was a high ticket item, undercutting by 10% seems like a waste.

So what? The lower your price goes, the higher is chance that someone buys. Moreover, if you pass certain threshold, someone buys all your loot at once!

Let me tell you how does it work from professional farmer PoW. Right now I’m grinding with 4 accounts (and, if none of them get banned before/right after patch 5.1, I plan to buy second comp and start to grind with 8 accounts). All of them need cordials, because they consume it almost by cd. And I know price threshold of cordials for every “my” server! For example, at a given server I’ll buy all cordials put on market at 300 gil or lower. And know what?… I DO NOT CARE if two bots play their 1 gil game with cordial price, gradually lowering it from, say, 340 to 320 gil: I will not buy anyway! I won’t buy even at 301 gil. Do you want to sell it? Put it at 300.

Well, sometimes you are right: it does not guarantee shit. Once my char gets 2 full stacks of cordials (2000+), I stop buying for some time and lower my threshold by 50 gil. Yes, I was buying at 400 and even 500 gil before, but it was long ago, when patch 5.0 was just out… But anyway, if I stopped to buy at 300, playing 1 gil game will NOT HELP. Lower your price by 20 or 40 or even 50 gil – gradually you figure out new threshold.

Absolutely the same thing works for selling. Say, I bulk farm certain material, which sells at a given server at 5500 gil. Let’s say I woke up, checked market and realized that my retainers are empty, and lowest price for this material at the market is 7000. Does it mean that I put my freshly farmed loot at 6999? NO! Because I know: nobody would buy it. Well, maybe some casual desperate crafter buys a stack or two, but it won’t help me: I need to sell lots of stacks, and I know my bulk buyer won’t buy at such a high price [anymore]. Moreoevr, he won’t buy at 6k, 5800 or even 5600 (and YES I tried)! So I just put new loot at 5500 (no matter of current market price) and go to farm more… as simple as that.

The opposite happens more often: I wake up and realize that nothing is sold. Do I care? No. Well, in most cases – no. My buyer is a living human, and (s)he can have a holiday, right? Tomorrow I’ll get everything sold anyway. Or maybe day after tomorrow. Of course, when I get several full stacks of loot, I realize that my buyer won’t buy at this price anymore, and reduce it by 500 gil… then cycle repeats.

Now try to guess if a need any special bot for it 😛 Oh, and besides, this tactic works not just in FFXIV – I use it for more than ten years so far, in various games.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Gray Gray.

flintrucker
    Participant

I actually agree with what Gary is saying here and that’s what I’ve been doing. Granted I am not selling gil, so I am not as obsessively farming as he is — but it works. You have a bot in hand, using that bot to craft and gather material is 10000% more valuable than undercutting the mat by only 1 or 2 gil. 10% undercut is the way to go if you want your mat to go fast so you can sell more. The market often only collapse if someone puts like 5000 of that specific mat up at one point in a ridiculously low price.

quberewt
    quberewt
    Participant

Someone did not take economics past 101 (or even that), and I’m looking at tien. Dude, spend your time making/gathering stuff that does sell at a higher profit over time.

You can’t be at the MB all the time wasting time. Hell, go farm crystals then come back, at least you have something to show for it.

Matthew
    Participant

Undercut bots are cancer, however, I’ve got some pretty high ticket items for cheap by taking advantage of people using them.
    Make their undercutting work for you, drop their price to nothing, buy it up, profit with the added benefit of not crashing the MB and removing your competition.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Really need a bot with MB undercut feature.’ is closed to new replies.