Re-buying the game

Forum Forums Discussion Re-buying the game

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Dragon Dragon 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

elly
    Participant

Hey there,

I have a question that Google and Reddit haven’t been able to answer for me. Is it possible to re-buy this game after being permanently banned? Has anyone had experience with this or known someone who has done it? Or, will they just ban any subsequent copies of the game you buy?

The reason I ask is actually not because I have been banned. It’s actually that I have a very, very old account that’s on its last leg, ban-wise. I’m hoping I could extrapolate some information based on other people’s experiences. My prior GM actions are a small part of a long story which I do not care to relive here.

As a result of said experience, I have a free trial account registered under a completely separate e-mail address from my main account. It also happens to differ from my main in that it is an EU account, if that matters at all. Important to note that it has had no GM actions against it, either.

After some time away from the game, I’m thinking of jumping back in for the new expansion—but I know that for personal safety reasons I can no longer use my old account at all, and I need to say a sad goodbye to my old toon. To that end, I’d like to upgrade the trial account, and use miqo’bot to gain a leg up on some character progress I’d be abandoning on my main.

What concerns me is that my “new” account would be tied to my old account somehow (by IP, or PC hardware ID, etc.??) and both my accounts would be permanently banned upon Strike 1 against the new account (remember, my old account would probably be permanently banned as a result of one more run-in with a GM.) I understand that this is less likely to happen with a carefully run bot, and more likely to happen as a result of casual swearing, or something else tragic. Not unheard of in this game, tbh; and so it concerns me nonetheless.

TL;DR, I guess my question is whether or not bans are issued independently among different SE accounts which can be traced back to the same person, or whether they will blanket ban all accounts tied to that person for an offense on one acount. (Note shade of difference: I am _NOT_ asking about multiple service accounts within a single SE account/e-mail address.)

• This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by  elly. Reason: TL;DR

Nott
    Participant

If I were in this position I’d just do everything I could to keep the accounts unlinked. If your trial account has any ties, just start fresh and consider buying your way through HW as that is a lot of time.

I definitely would just assume the IP of your old account is flagged. You can force a new external IP assignment from your ISP, usually, by changing the MAC ID of your router/modem. If your existing equipment doesn’t support that, you can try talking with your ISP about it; I’ve no experience with that though. Google should be able to tell you how/if you can do it with your equipment. You may be able to do the same with your motherboard, depending on what you’ve got. I’ve not heard of SE using hardware ID myself though.

Dragon
    Dragon
    Participant

I have explained this before but as a reminder of the tests made here is a copy paste of it

– Choco racing [Doing this non-stop can get you banned after 50-100 tries if reported once]
    – Gathering for over 48 hours within a populated area [takes over 5 reports estimate or 10 due to miqo not using ‘hacks’]
    – Crafting non-stop at populated locations for hours [Infront of collectable turn in areas or leve quests]
    – Scenario rotation done for days [This can actually get you banned but the chances are low ‘I got suspended because my fc-mate reported me’]
    – Mentioning miqo as your gf [Someone in my old fc did that and the ending was hilarious]
    – Talking about Miqo in chat [This can 100% get you banned]

(Most of these will get you 24-72 hours ‘suspension’ but not a Ban, Getting 3 suspensions = Perma ban, and getting banned with another account on the same IP gets you IP banned)

Fun tip : To avoid getting ban, always stay next to your pc when using miqo, Chat from time to time and when you want to use the bot use the excuse “Netflex” or “Studying while crafting/gathering by video so i will focus now AFK”. If using scenario always make the afk times Odd and not Even [1:17 instead of 2:25] and make the scenario Long as a tower.

IP Ban can happen, it is very rare tho. Based on my friend (Reliable as I saw him NOT being able to play the game without getting instantly banned before entering it after log in) his words are “5 accounts perma banned and 1 ip can lead to mean measures later on in the future, first perma ban was random but the next four was just too soon”

Take my advice and use miqo safely, follow the advices of your seniors that posted about this kind of things and always avoid going to populated areas with a public route, create your own scripts, random routes and ‘Human’ like way of gathering.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.