Random afkFor

Forum Forums Discussion Random afkFor

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by alxrite alxrite 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

eoheod
    Participant

Just curious if this is possible- I tried some basic searches, but didn’t turn anything up.

When using the afkFor command, is there a way to partially randomize the number, to help avoid detection?

Something like afkFor(10, 30) which would choose a random time between the 2 numbers?

Thanks!

bottybot
    Participant

I found this. Don’t know if it’s what you’re after.

k007
    k007
    Participant

Why are you randomizing your afk? usually afk is for a certain reason like you had to afk until a node timer is up before you execute the command. Probably be easier if you explain what you trying to achieve to better help you.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

I bet he hopes that character which goes afk at random moments for random amounts of time won’t get banned, while ones who go afk at for fixed periods of time will certainly get banned 😉 If only it was as simple…

k007
    k007
    Participant

Going afk doesn’t warrant a ban. I have many people in my FC and friend’s list that goes afk. They just get booted off the game after a certain period of afk time.

alxrite
    alxrite
    Participant

I bet he hopes that character which goes afk at random moments for random amounts of time won’t get banned, while ones who go afk at for fixed periods of time will certainly get banned 😉 If only it was as simple…

I wish it were that simple and we know it is not. But, with a afkRandom it would make you seem less bot like if someone were watching as you they wouldn’t be able to count down to the minute when you would move. As humans do not do this. Obviously.

Going afk doesn’t warrant a ban. I have many people in my FC and friend’s list that goes afk. They just get booted off the game after a certain period of afk time.

Yes, everyone knows this.

Its not a worry about afking to get banned in regards to just sitting there. It is always afkUntil a certain time. You can watch others that are using the same pathing presets and they all sit in the same spot and move at the same times. It makes it obvious that they are using a program when they all move together. With a afkRandom you could have it move to the node at different times (within the specified) making it less obvious. Will it make it so you wont get banned? No. Would it be less obvious as people are NOT robots and always move at the same time? Yes.

I know I changed up all my times and paths from the ones posted on here as that helps. I just thought that this idea would be a small, easy, and nice addition. Just another feature.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by alxrite alxrite.
    Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

it would make you seem less bot like if someone were watching

You would still do such a crapload of things “bot like” (for example, stopping at beacons / before going to stealth for some milliseconds, while human would move non-stop; dismounting via mount key before digging while human would auto-dismount by hitting a node; and so on), so if some GM actually decides to watch you for some time, then you are dead meat anyway – he won’t even have to contact you to make sure…

alxrite
    alxrite
    Participant

You would still do such a crapload of things “bot like” (for example, stopping at beacons / before going to stealth for some milliseconds, while human would move non-stop; dismounting via mount key before digging while human would auto-dismount by hitting a node; and so on), so if some GM actually decides to watch you for some time, then you are dead meat anyway – he won’t even have to contact you to make sure…

I go stealth before going to a node sometimes especially at lower level and I do not auto dismount when going to a node. I usually hit Z to dismount myself then walk to it, or still hit Z to dismount myself if I am right on it. Just habit now.

But, like I said. This will not not get you banned. Still botting like a fiend or unattended are the major reasons people get banned. This was a small idea for a simple feature that it seems many people would like.

Just because you do not want or have no use for, doesn’t mean others would like something. But, as it was stated in the other thread. This is already a requested feature and the Miqo team is aware, which is good enough for me. Even if it never comes to fruition.

k007
    k007
    Participant

I go stealth before going to a node sometimes especially at lower level and I do not auto dismount when going to a node. I usually hit Z to dismount myself then walk to it, or still hit Z to dismount myself if I am right on it. Just habit now.

But, like I said. This will not not get you banned. Still botting like a fiend or unattended are the major reasons people get banned. This was a small idea for a simple feature that it seems many people would like.

Just because you do not want or have no use for, doesn’t mean others would like something. But, as it was stated in the other thread. This is already a requested feature and the Miqo team is aware, which is good enough for me. Even if it never comes to fruition.

I dunno about you guys, but when I need to afkuntil I make sure I add a scenario chapter where I teleport back to my Estate Hall walk into the house (since its a FC house) I walk to the private chamber and zone in and afk there until the next chapter. My private chamber is set to private so nobody else can go in there.

alxrite
    alxrite
    Participant

I am sure if you were reported and logged in, a GM could see where you were and go in your private chamber. It may not let others in, but GMs can go where they like. So, it still does not matter. Nowhere is “safe”.

k007
    k007
    Participant

Well if you getting reported then you getting reported no matter if you had “afkrandom” or not LOL. The fact that I afk in the house is to avoid attention like you said where people can watch until its time and you move out of AFK and go to a node.

alxrite
    alxrite
    Participant

Yeah no doubt, I agree. I was just stating that nowhere is safe. I mean… nothing is foolproof and switching things up is really the only good practice, even better is to bot while you are around. My original thread was just an idea. I am sure if it was made available, people would use a randomafk timer. That’s it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.