racing help?

Forum Forums Discussion racing help?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by kdumbledore kdumbledore 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jponry
    jponry
    Participant

Hi, tonight I tried using Miqo to chocobo race for the first time, but maybe I don’t have her set up correctly? At the moment I’ve left all settings on default and tried all 3 default presets, she queues just fine but she seems to get confused once she’s actually racing. So I’m wondering if anyone can help? 🙂

I have hotkeys assigned to the race hotbar but she never uses them. In addition she doesn’t seem to be navigating correctly at all — she doesn’t go for chests or good tiles, and doesn’t avoid bad tiles. She doesn’t accelerate/decelerate properly and I finish in 8th place with a huge amount of stamina leftover. Instead, she spams some key (can’t tell which; all I see is the in-game error message of “cannot execute at this time”, nothing shows up in miqo’s log) for the entire race.

Thanks in advance for the help 🙂

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Your pet hotbar is misplaced. Its bugged and disappears in chocoracing if you dont make game settings right.
    System – Character Config – Hotbar Settings – Pet Hotbar. Try this.

pet hotbar

Zanion
    Participant

In addition she doesn’t seem to be navigating correctly at all — she doesn’t go for chests or good tiles, and doesn’t avoid bad tiles.

After doing several chocobo races and recording “perfect” waypoints with enough gap when jumping to avoid bad tiles and such, it still happens that chocobo is not “on point”. I play with stable 60fps.

Does anyone have any tips to offer?

GoofMcLoof
    Participant

You need racing waypoints for every single R-### there is.

So if you’re in R-60 you need waypoints for that. When you graduate to R-90 you need to record new waypoints for that and you need to select the right waypoints for the R-### you’re entering when you queue up. Miqo won’t choose the right one for you from your list.

And no, she’s not perfect even with waypoints. If your chocobo gains skills while leveling up it can throw off your “perfect” waypoints because they no longer work for your speed / acceleration etc.

Zanion
    Participant

And no, she’s not perfect even with waypoints. If your chocobo gains skills while leveling up it can throw off your “perfect” waypoints because they no longer work for your speed / acceleration etc.

That was something I wasn’t aware of. Thanks!

kdumbledore
    kdumbledore
    Participant
    1+

I’m having an issue where I get this error in the Miqo log when choco racing:

Sorry, couldn’t move cursor with key ‘[{NUMPAD2}, 0x00]’

Anyone know what that means? She’s still racing ok for the most part, but I’m assuming it’s something to do with a keybind. I just can’t figure out what keybind. XD

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by kdumbledore kdumbledore.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

It happens when you move mouse while Miqo is selecting menu items. When your game is in background but not minimized its still detecting mouse movement and blocking keyboard input. At those moments Miqo cant select menus with keyboard and gets upset. Minimizing the game should fix it.

kdumbledore
    kdumbledore
    Participant

It happens when you move mouse while Miqo is selecting menu items. When your game is in background but not minimized its still detecting mouse movement and blocking keyboard input. At those moments Miqo cant select menus with keyboard and gets upset. Minimizing the game should fix it.

OOOOOOOH thank you very much! I shall minimize then when doing other stuff haha, easy fix. No wonder I wasn’t seeing anything in keybinds when looking around.

kdumbledore
    kdumbledore
    Participant

:O So… yea, I decided not to minimize the game this time while running choco races because I was going to just be in the kitchen cooking and doing some dishes, and I wouldn’t be moving my mouse around so I figured it wouldn’t cause any issues with detecting mouse movement. I even turned my mouse off so (wireless) so the cat couldn’t bump and move it.

Didn’t even get in a single race. Went to the bathroom and while I was walking past my laptop I looked over to check the race and lo-and-behold I’m in a trial to fight Ruby Weapon!!!!!! Thankfully it hadn’t started yet and there was still the circle thingy you start in… but I hadn’t walked past and seen that to switch miqo to combat assist I would have been screwed just standing there looking dumb. xD

So, heads up for others.. ALWAYS minimize the game when running choco races? Cause otherwise you might end up running a random trial/dungeon or something like I did. -__-

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Looks like a bug. Are you sure you didnt accidentally queue and forget about it? Anyway it shouldnt happen with or without minimized. Mouse movement only blocks Miqo from sending cursor keys but it doesnt make her select a wrong duty.

kdumbledore
    kdumbledore
    Participant

Now that I think about it I had run Ruby Weapon before that manually and not in a roulette, so maybe that was still checked as well from my previous run a few hours before? But it took like 25m for that Ruby queue to pop and choco races only take a minute so unless I was really unlucky to get the Ruby Weapon one to pop first you’d think the choco race would have popped first and just started.

But I bet that’s what happened is the game still had the ruby weapon dungeon clicked on as an option and I didn’t notice.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.