Questions from a returning player and miqo user

Forum Forums Discussion Questions from a returning player and miqo user

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Vixen Vixen 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lushice
    Participant

Hello everyone, I just recently returned to FF and had some questions regarding Miqo. Last time I played and used Miqo was last year, so not sure what has changed.

-Is Miqo still safe and has there been bans? Things were always fine back in the day and I never had an issue so just wanted to make sure

-Is the combat assist for Astro good? This is my first time playing a healer in an MMO and I’ve only ever used Miqo for DPS classes

-What features have a higher risk of being banned? I remember people sitting on minigames all day in the past and they got suspended. Curious if that’s still the case and if there’s other things I need to look out for.

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

As safe as a bot can be (which is to say, technically safe but social safety is on you as the user), not sure but IIRC combat assist is decent-to-good on all classes/jobs now, and the ban risk is mostly a matter of intelligent use. I’ve use Miqo to bot MGP minigames during the MIR campaign for several days on end, stopping to log out only when I go to sleep. Never got so much as a single glance from GMs. OTOH, there are people who have done minigame grinding nonstop, instead of using the auto-afk feature Miqobot offers for it, and they’ve gotten checked.

Bottom line, Miqo’s safety is on you as the user to bot responsibly, but it you do that then you should be fine.

lushice
    Participant
    1+

As safe as a bot can be (which is to say, technically safe but social safety is on you as the user), not sure but IIRC combat assist is decent-to-good on all classes/jobs now, and the ban risk is mostly a matter of intelligent use. I’ve use Miqo to bot MGP minigames during the MIR campaign for several days on end, stopping to log out only when I go to sleep. Never got so much as a single glance from GMs. OTOH, there are people who have done minigame grinding nonstop, instead of using the auto-afk feature Miqobot offers for it, and they’ve gotten checked.

Bottom line, Miqo’s safety is on you as the user to bot responsibly, but it you do that then you should be fine.

Thank you for that response! If I only use Miqo for the combat assist feature, would you say that would be fine?

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

I’d say be careful using it around other players, look into what people are saying on the forums, and probably practice with it on NPC dungeons (squadrons/trusts) first to get a feel what what she does and doesn’t do, but other people have certainly done it and been fine.

An important thing to note is that she will not target new enemies, at least in my experience. She’ll apparently switch off to heal your party members if you’re a healer, but if the mob dies, you will need to target the next one. Probably fine for bosses, but might be a little suspicious in group pulls of weaker mobs.

Also note that she can use positionals, dashes, and backsteps, but all of them are used blind, which is to say that she does NOT take into account obstacles or the arena you’re in. She can and will backstep you right off the combat arena if you’re not careful.

Keep in mind that my personal experience with combat assist is minimal: I’ve used it for about five minutes in a squadron dungeon. I mostly use the radar, MGP minigames, crafting, and fishing. If someone who has more experience with combat assist wants to chime in, trust their word in the event of conflicting information.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.