Question regarding gathering

Forum Forums Discussion Question regarding gathering

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    masquejode
    masquejode
    Participant

Ok, so I’ve got a question regarding gathering. Is it possible to get Miqobot to check a node for an item and if it’s not present move on to the next mining point in the grid? I don’t know if you guys are familiar with the level 50 mining nodes. They usually have Grade 3 Carbonized matter, Grade 2 Topsoil, Crystals and Shards. Usually there are 4 nodes in close proximity, only two of which have crystals at any one time. What I want is for Miqo to check the node and mine the Crystal and topsoil if they’re present, if not, move on to the next.

I tried to get Miqobot to gather only Topsoil and Crystals, but it kinda got stuck whenever it hit a node that didn’t have either. I was able to get around it by asking Miqobot to gather by name and making a priority list that placed Crystals and Topsoil above Shards. If i don’t include shards in the list it just stays stuck on that node waiting.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, we are planning to implement this behaviour 🙂
    Most likely, it will be available with the release of Scenario Engine.

However, please note that this method will render compass abilities useless ( Lay of the Land and Arbor Call ). If you make Miqobot skip a gathering node and the next one is not in the immediate vicinity, she will be unable to find it and will get stuck.
    You can of course use Beacons instead of compass abilities, but this will probably make your Navigation Grids unnecessary complicated.

We recommend allowing Miqobot to gather shards and crystals by default, specifying them as the lowest priority item in Gather by Name. This way, gathering nodes will be always removed out of sight, and compasses will function properly 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.