[Question] Housing Sweep/Relo

Forum Forums Discussion [Question] Housing Sweep/Relo

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Xion 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Asyldra
    Participant

Hello !

Before buying Miqobot, i wanted to know if the bot itself allows us to sweep for available houses and relo by itself (by going to the available plot and doing a relocation on it).

I’ve heard about it and i though that Miqobot could be able to do it.

Thanks for your help !

• This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Asyldra.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

No, there is no such feature in Miqobot.

Asyldra
    Participant

Okay, thanks !

Last question then, do you think it could be a feature in the future ?

Thanks again for your fast response.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

We may consider it, but this is the first time it was ever requested, so it is not clear whether there is demand for it.
    Since our development resources are limited, we have to choose carefully what we are working on.

Asyldra
    Participant

Well I took my license so it will be possible to tell me where I can just make the request for this feature? 🙂

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

You have already requested it. Posting a forum thread is the correct way to make a request.

Now it’s up to the community. If the majority of users support your idea, we will include it in our development plans. This is a rather complex and heavyweight feature that would take several months of development, so before we prioritize it and push back other planned features, we have to see that there is enough demand.

Xion
    Participant

What do you mean by sweeping?

km125
    Participant

So, for instance – I have a small house. I want to upgrade to a medium/large. The auto-destruction timer hits every hour on the hour (:00) with a chance to reclaim abandoned property.

There are people who simply, at that time, go to each of the 4 city’s aetherytes and scan down the residential districts to see if any have a sale price (meaning they are available).

Then, anything < 4m is a small plot, anything < 40m is medium, and anything > 50m is a large (the base price is much higher, but this gives simple math).

The time consuming part is clicking through all 24 districts per city, for plots 1-30 and 31-60 for each, meaning there are ~200 areas you need to check as fast as possible to beat anyone else to it, since relocation is first come and doesn’t play the timer game.

Hope that helps explain (and yes, I would be interested in this too)…

Xion
    Participant
    1+

I’d call that more of a scan with a provided result where a house is available.
    I suppose that would be nice but personally wouldn’t call it a high prio task to implement.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Xion.
    jponry
    jponry
    Participant
    1+

I agree, I’d love this feature BUT I would not prioritize it above other features.

anatacerenity
    anatacerenity
    Participant

I like the idea. +1

Nott
    Participant

Consider the changes coming to housing already announced. Even assuming any majority of users take up the idea and it gets put in the production queue, the need for it may be gone by the time it is complete.

That said, I find myself wondering what the real population of FFXIV will be in a few months. Is there going to be another big wave of players coming because most long-term players are not even back in the game yet, still waiting for Endwalker? Or have they mostly returned already? What will it mean for housing if they aren’t? And are all the WoW converts going to stick around after they finish EW? If not, will housing become abundant then?

Xion
    Participant

There will likely be a new wave with a new expansion. Shadowbringers was very successful and lot of players joined in 2019 when it was released and I expect a similar treatment this time.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.