Question: Fishing – Mooch 2

Forum Forums Discussion Question: Fishing – Mooch 2

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Pain Pain 5 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Pain
    Pain
    Participant

Is there a way to set the bot to only use mooch2 after it has used mooch. Using mooch 2 as the first mooch is really wasteful and pointless and sitting at the keyboard to manually toggle mooch2 on and off as i am fishing is very counter-productive to the nature of a bot in of itself.

If this is not possible, would it be possible to implement a check-box to toggle this as a setting in a future update?

Thank you.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Yea its easy. Create two presets one with mooch another with mooch + mooch 2. And make a scenario to switch between them. Use moochPreset() function. What fish exactly are you aiming at?

Pain
    Pain
    Participant

No one fish in particular as many fish would fit this pattern. But it occurred to me as i was fishing for the chocobo minion and the beta minion that this would be handy.

Could you explain a bit more? I actually never used the scenario engine for fishing before so i will have to take a look at it and an additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    2+

Alright lets take the choco minion.
    Mooch chain is Merlthor Goby > Wahoo > Castaway Chocobo Chick. So you want to save mooch 2 until you catch Goby HQ and have Wahoo ready. Create two presets.

1. Mooch1 (mooch+, mooch 2-). This one for Goby.
    2. Mooch1&2 (mooch+, mooch 2+). This one for Wahoo.

When no fish is hooked set the first preset as default. After Goby HQ switch to second preset and let Miqo start using mooch 2. A very simple scenario.

moochPreset(none, Mooch1)
    moochPreset(Merlthor Goby, Mooch1&2)
    fish()

Also you know that theres a Giant Squid thats also moochable. And unless youre farming Megalodons you want to skip Squid mooching completely. Just one more line in scenario.

moochPreset(none, Mooch1)
    moochPreset(Merlthor Goby, Mooch1&2)
    moochBlacklist(Giant Squid)
    fish()

Thats it. Easy and flexible.

Pain
    Pain
    Participant

Awesome, i had made a similar scenario but hadn’t tested it yet as i was waiting to get more info from you and you clarified things very well as usual!

Thank you again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.