Question about Scenarios

Forum Forums Discussion Question about Scenarios

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

When the scenarios come out, would I be able to setup chapters and waypoints to essentially farm timed nodes in different zones based on what time it is on Eorzea? So say I setup up a scenario to farm 3 different timed nodes in 3 different zones. Then if I start the bot, it check to see what time it is in Eorzea then goes to the node that’s going to pop next?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes! 🙂

This is exactly what Scenarios are being developed for. Being able to farm different Unspoiled nodes is one of the main features of the Scenario Engine. And of course, Miqobot will be able to start from the chapter that corresponds to the current Eorzea time.

Aside from Unspoiled nodes, the chapters can be scripted to farm time and weather bound fish, play with time bound Triple Triad NPCs, and much more.
    Scenarios will be able to perform any activity available to Miqobot.

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

This is great news! I knew about the fish thing because you mentioned it in another thread, but I’m really looking forward to that as well. I think it will also help miqo not look so much like a bot when she moves around and even changes zones. Great things coming.

Unrelated to scenarios, you know how you can input how many chocobo races you want miqo to perform? Do you think we could get a timer as well, so you can either race 100 times OR race for 1 hour?

A /logout option would be nice as well, so when the bot is all finished it can log you out of the game.

A chat logging option would be nice too. So if your game crashes or you get logged out for any reason, you can scroll back and check any /tells or /fc chat that you missed.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, the ability to input timers instead of count for Chocobo Races is being considered.

Actually this is also related to Scenarios, becuase they will introduce a global timing mechanism. Scenarios will allow any activity to be bound either to Eorzea time or to real time.
    Logout option is another internal feature of the Scenario Engine. We are planning to implement a way to setup AFK and logout sessions. This way you can make Miqobot take breaks from time to time and look more like human player in the long run. Or simply make her go to sleep, if you prefer this way.

And yes, chat support is also in development 🙂

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

If she goes to sleep, will she be up for snuggling?

j/k haha

Great work, keep it up.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

We consider this feature as a possible option.

This will probably have to wait until we add Augmented Reality support 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.