PSA: Be extra careful right now when botting in the Gold Saucer

Forum Forums Discussion PSA: Be extra careful right now when botting in the Gold Saucer

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 5 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Arc
    Arc
    6+

I think it cannot be stressed enough, which is why I’m making a thread about this:

Currently it is especially dangerous to farm MGP in the Gold Saucer via Miqobot, because of the Final Fantasy XV Crossover event and the Regalia mount being buyable via MGP, which results in many more players sticking around there. Because of that, do not let Miqobot farm MGP unattended, since the chances of moralizers reporting Miqobotters is increased.

Thank you for taking the few seconds to read this and have fun!

zylo1010
    Participant

i did it long enough to get the car and left. been leveling in squadren dungeons since

Kullar
    Participant

Honestly I disagree. With the sheer number of people in the GS I just blend right in. I’ve been botting harder than ever during the event. There are tons of people in front of Out On A Limb.

Nirvana Flame
    Nirvana Flame
    Participant

Honestly I disagree. With the sheer number of people in the GS I just blend right in. I’ve been botting harder than ever during the event. There are tons of people in front of Out On A Limb.

Thing is the chance of you getting reported for standing there for a long period of time without ever doing something else is also higher the more players there are.

Arc
    Arc

Thing is the chance of you getting reported for standing there for a long period of time without ever doing something else is also higher the more players there are.

This. And I am the living proof for it, that I’m right.

In 3 years of using Miqobot I only have gotten a single 3-day ban. And this was precisely during the Make It Rain event, where the amount of players standing on “Out On A Limb” was the highest – even higher than now with the FFXV event.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Arc Arc.

Kullar
    Participant

But Miqo has the tools built in to make you look less suspicious. AFK timers, switching games, walk around/switch which game you’re standing at. Standing at the same game for hours when you’re alone is way more obvious than when there are many people around.

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

Sure, if you set it up 🙂 Hence the PSA is to be extra careful and make sure to use those tools to look less suspicious.

Arc
    Arc

But Miqo has the tools built in to make you look less suspicious. AFK timers, switching games, walk around/switch which game you’re standing at. Standing at the same game for hours when you’re alone is way more obvious than when there are many people around.

All of that was set up. I even increased the afk timers from default and yet, I still got reported and banned for 3 days back then. It doesn’t matter how great a bot is. If you leave it unattended, the risk of getting reported + getting a ban is always there and the more players there are, the higher the risk of getting reported. Period. You don’t “go under in the mass of players”.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.