POTD

Forum Forums Discussion POTD

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by DarkSeed DarkSeed 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

frankcufc5
    Participant

Hi guys,

Can this bot run POTD? And if yes what is the likelihood of being banned?

Thanks

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster

POTD runs are still in development, for now you can use only 3d radar there.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    1+

You can already use the Combat Assist feature there, you move your character yourself (including dodging) and the bot will take care of the fights. Fully automated solo runs there are still in development yeah. If your plans are levelling, you can already use the fully automated Squadron Dungeon, not as fast as POTD, but fast enough.

The likelihood of being banned is proportional to how smartly/stupidly you’ll use the bot.
    Run the same activity 24/7 with no breaks, and you put your account at risks.
    Play smartly with scenarios, copy the behaving of a normal player, don’t let the bot unattended, keep an eye on the game, and you’ll never get banned.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Carl Arbogast Carl Arbogast.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Carl Arbogast Carl Arbogast.

frankcufc5
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, so is this not a bot I can leave on its own? :/ what’s the point of it if I can’t go afk?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Automatic Palace of the Dead and Heaven-on-High support will be a part of the Combat system, which is currently in early beta.
    In the meantime, you can farm Squadron Dungeons and try out the Assist Mode.

You can read about our progress so far in the main beta thread: [Beta] Combat
    Your feedback is highly appreciated!

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

You can leave it and afk why not. Miqo handles Squadron Dungeons pretty well. Imo its even faster than potd.

frankcufc5
    Participant

What are squadron dungeons? As in normal dungeons?

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    1+

Thanks for the reply, so is this not a bot I can leave on its own? :/ what’s the point of it if I can’t go afk?

Well your question was “what is the likelihood of being banned?”, you won’t get banned for using Miqobot, it’s undetectable, but you put your account at risk if you don’t use it smartly.

Let me give you an example while answering your last question at the same time.

Squadron Dungeon are a FFXIV feature that allows you to run some selected dungeon (from lvl 20 to 60) along with 3 AI NPC controlled by FFXIV servers. You can unlock this feature at your Grand Company.
    Miqobot can handle controlling fully your character there, while FFXIV servers will control the 3 other teammates.
    You can level there from lvl 20 to 70.

Now, if you run those Squadron Dungeon in loop with the bot, unattended, for the whole night for example, and a friend of you in your FC or LS notice you’ve been inside the same dungeon for hours, and they start to ask you questions in LS or FC chat, and you don’t answer, it raises suspicions.
    If this same thing happens several times, at some point, one of them might report you. And later on, if a GM comes to check on you, and you’re not there to respond while your character obviously continue to play content on its own, they will draw conclusions and you might get a warning and a temporary ban. That’s how it works.
    This was just an example, but there’s many more.

Miqobot is the best bot out there, by far, it has features built to replicate a regular player activities and stay under the radar, all this while not having to interact with the bot any more once you launched it. It’s completely autonomous.
    But it’s up to you to play safely or play riskily.

Leave the game unattended and if someone talks to you, check on you while your char is obviously not AFK, and you won’t answer, you’ll raise suspicions.

It’s better to acknowledge that before starting using it in riskily ways, since that was your question.

The bot was programmed to be able to operate the game even if the game is ran in a tiny window, with low graphics settings, and set to use only 15 FPS when out of focus, this means it has a very low impact on today’s computers, this means you can play another game while Miqobot plays on FFXIV, or you can work even on very demanding 3D software while Miqobot plays on FFXIV, that way you can intervene in the game if you hear someone talking to you. This is a very safe way to use Miqobot.

All this is optional, it’s just to answer your question, it’s up to you how much risk you’re willing to take.

If you buy a car able to run at 280km/h, it’s up to you if you wanna reach that speed on road at the risk of getting caught, or drive it safely below the speed limit, and always stay under the radar. Cliché example I admit, but still appropriate.

frankcufc5
    Participant

Thanks for this, was really detailed 🙂

DarkSeed
    DarkSeed
    Participant
    2+

I for one would never run a Bot and Afk, that is asking for bad news like others have said

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.