PotD 3D Radar

Forum Forums Discussion PotD 3D Radar

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

LHalfish
    Participant
    1+

Anyone else using this to find the Accursed Hoard? It’s working brilliantly only wish you could control what nodes you see a bit better like Turn off Living Creatures πŸ˜€

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Indeed, farming Accursed Hoards is easy with 3D Radar πŸ™‚
    It seems to be the new best method of acquiring Grade V Materia, along with many other rewards.

However as we did not anticipate this feature, Hoards appear on 3D Radar as nameless gray circles, which can be hard to notice among traps. So our developers are already implementing a special mode for Palace of the Dead that will make this experience more comfortable and relaxing.

Miqobot will show you all Coffers, Traps, and Hoards without using any Pomanders of Sight/Intuition.
    We apologize for debug formatting as this is still a work in progress πŸ™‚

3dradar-hoard

In addition, Miqobot will be able to identify Mimics and exploding chests.

3dradar-mimic-01
    3dradar-mimic-02
    3dradar-mimic-03

marshallbanana
    Participant

I hope so much that this feature hits beta soon. Ive been using a gathering grid to mark horde locations running floors 1-10 repeatedly and Ive gotten to 35/100 hidden hordes without a pomander achievement and 152 in total, but oh my god this would be so much better and simpler. I do agree with the above stating that you should be able to toggle off living creatures if you like, as they casuse a fair bit of clutter htat blocks the important stuff. Seriously though I’m chomping at the bit for this.

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant

Please make an option to turn off players, mobs and such, it’s a usuless clutter on the screen.

masquejode
    masquejode
    Participant

This is a great use of the 3D radar. I had not thought to use it in this way before.

LHalfish
    Participant

Please make an option to turn off players, mobs and such, it’s a usuless clutter on the screen.

Yes please it gives you a headache. Then you see a mob in front of you but no wait its in the next room lol.

This is a great use of the 3D radar. I had not thought to use it in this way before.

Yeah I was using it before the horde on solo runs to avoid traps. Then these little circles popped up.

Another thing I’ve found is sometimes the Hoard is directly on a trap as if the trap itself is the hoard. Not slightly next to it but dead on. I only noticed this when we were using intuition and i couldn’t see it on 3D radar.

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

Is it possible to estimate release date for palace feature so we know when to expect? Or is still unknown?

Ragnaroktroll1985
    Ragnaroktroll1985
    Participant

indeed more infos would be nice!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

This feature has already been added to the Beta version πŸ™‚
    Please try it out!

3D Radar – Palace of the Dead

Also, there’s one extra usage of 3D Radar implemented.
    When outside of Palace, you can enable Guess objects type (experimental) and use Filter by name to show only specific entities on the screen. At the moment it works only in Beta version.
    Additional options will be available soon.

masquejode
    masquejode
    Participant

This is brilliant. As always, you guys listen to the community and come up with a great solution. I’d like to make two suggestions.

1. Color coded traps and chests. I know it’s possible to do this since the regular version of the 3D map codes chests as Green. Perhaps we could return to that and have the Gold, Silver and Copper chests marked as Green and Traps marked as Red.

2. Is it possible to display the list a little closer to the regular map? At the moment, it seems to be a little too in the way. At least for me.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

This is a very good suggestion πŸ™‚

1. Indeed, changing color codes is an easy adjustment and useful as well. We will probably push this into current Beta as a minor update.

2. Adjusting list position on a screen is a bit trickier, but also doable. We will implement this in the form of advanced setting, so you will be able to customize it to your liking.

Thank you for your request very much!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.