Poll: Bot Notifications Online?

Forum Forums Discussion Poll: Bot Notifications Online?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nott 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Nott
    Participant

Just curious how many of you would like to be able to query your bot status online?

Say you were able to logon to this website and in your profile click a button that would ping your miqobot and result in an update like:

Chocobo race 125/999 completed at 10:28AM. (Or the crafting/gathering equivalent)

It’s a nice update right? But it’s not terribly useful until you consider that its 11:15AM and you can see that the bot is not running correctly. So you now know you need to return home during your lunch to reset the bot. Or perhaps, if there were a kill command that you could send from the site to terminate any actions the bot may or may not be attempting, you could do that.

A further stretch of this capability could include an optional auto-notify feature. Miqobot could automatically send error messages to your account on Miqobot.com which could generate an email notification and prompt the user that way.

Initially I thought about a phone app, but building into the website seems like a better idea and wouldn’t require any special development skills.

So the question is, how many people would like this feature?

Nott
    Participant

Oh, a nice side effect of this would obviously be that the auto generated error notifications sent to Miqobot.com would aid greatly in identifying and troubleshooting bot problems.

Dragon
    Dragon
    Participant

If its an app the only problem will be linking the bots to the accounts > Ip > Site > back to ip > app and initiating a command such as respawn or do <mine ore> . I believe this will cost the website more money BUT you can make a 15$-30$ extra for this feature (life-time) so win-win? Or create a website version where you can initiate commands from (ofc add ranking systems and all that to make it interesting )

Nott
    Participant

I’m beginning to see a trend where I just don’t understand the complexities of things…so I’ll take your word for it, lol. I figured the bot was constantly talking to the site as it was and the site to it. Verifying licence and updates etc. So I thought it would be easy to link bot with your login on the site.

Issuing commands to the bot while it thinks its running may be a trick, but just seeing what it was doing; I thought it’d be easy.

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

Honestly, I would rather see an android app that allows you to not only see the status of the bot you have running, but the ability to stop and start if.

Nott
    Participant

My position on the app/website deal is if it’s built into the website android/apple/windows phones will be able to use it along with any PCs. So unless there some advantage to making an app…

I also think we should keep it realistic. I just wanted to see who’s interested in the idea as Miqobot has been very responsive to requests in the past but…I don’t think remote control is gonna be something we can get off the bat here.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for the feature request and for sharing your opinions 🙂

It will indeed require creating a separate section of the website and implementing remote control. It is not impossible, but it will take some time – just like any other feature.
    The mobile application is currently beyond our development scope, but if there will be more feature requests for this kind of expertise, we will consider expanding our plans.

We are keeping an eye out on this thread, so please keep providing feedback.

• What other features beyond notifications and remote control would you like to see?
    • Do you want to have any kind of statistics on the website?
    • How would you like to deal with navigation errors remotely, when Miqobot gets stuck?
    • Would you like to be able to read the game chat online?
    • Would you like to be able to respond to chat?
    • Are there any concerns about privacy?

Thank you very much!

Also, in the meantime we would recommend using TeamViewer.
    It allows you to remotely control your PC, and you can actually see what’s going on in the game. It’s basically like a video stream from your screen to any other device.

Dragon
    Dragon
    Participant

What other features beyond notifications and remote control would you like to see?
    – I guess in-game chat responder (the bot will reply any whispers within alocated time .ex [Give me a moment watching anime] the bot will ping you to alert you once and if your away from pc it will respond back again to the person .ex [Yo i will afk for 5-10 mins to do something fast ] this will proc your player to stop doing something for 3 mins and then back to farming , if that person was to whisper you again or come near you the bot will auto stop in a safe place .ex [Gathering <Command> afk 5mins – 1 hour <check box with the bot> if anyone whispers you more than 4 times

Do you want to have any kind of statistics on the website?
    Yes , such as < the time used with the bot > or < difference before and after the bot >

Would you like to be able to read the game chat online?
    If possible give us the option to read it within this site or within the bot by making a small chat tab

Would you like to be able to respond to chat?
    yes
    Are there any concerns about privacy?
    yes (if sharing in-game info such as ign or anything that can be ban- able )

Nott
    Participant

* Do you want to have any kind of statistics on the website?

It doesn’t have to be on the site, stats in the bot would be fine. Stuff like XP/MGP per hour. Tracking totals would be a ‘neat’ thing too. Like how many crafts/kills/levels/MGPs you’ve earned with the bot ever, these kinda things. You could even do achv’s on the website. Sadly, all my stuff is 60, so, haha…I won’t be earning any lvl up awards, heh.

* How would you like to deal with navigation errors remotely, when Miqobot gets stuck?

If you are confident in Miqobot being able to find her way around the maps then teleporting to the nearest aetheryte might be good. It’s also a better place for the bot to AFK than out in some random spot, should it fail to continue doing what its supposed to do. Speaking of, I’d like for the bot to auto set AFK when it finishes doing anything. I have auto afk from the game turned off, because I alt tab a lot. But if I’m leaving the house, I’d like it do it.

* Would you like to be able to read & respond to game chat online?

Yes I would like it, but its a less important feature to me.

* Are there any concerns about privacy?

If you mean people hacking our forum accounts to gain access to our character information and chatting as us, I suppose that’s legitimate. Gonna have to get creative on solving that before I’m gonna be good with the bot chatting in game remotely. Definitely warrants an optional secure activation of that specific utility for the more security conscious folks as well.

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant
    1+

I personally wouldn’t want Miqobot to report any statistics or information back to the internet. That seems like it would just be an open door for exploitation. I don’t believe anyone could hack in and get your username and password, but they could in theory figure out who you are in the game, and that seems like a security risk not worth taking.

The phone app idea I had would probably have the same problem. I would rather have security then convenience. Remember, something that may sound really cool on paper, may not be so in production.

Nott
    Participant

I personally wouldn’t want Miqobot to report any statistics or information back to the internet

Well I’d definitely want some of the statistics done on the bot just so we can figure out how effectively we’re spending our time with the bot. Optimizing our routes is going to become very complicated once we can move from zone to zone or even changing jobs and the like. It’ll be a lot easier to optimize that time if the bot tells us after stopping:

117 “insert fish name(s)” caught, 34 HQ, 14 got away, 2 lines broke, 1 lure lost in 2h 34m fishing
    272 “insert rock name(s)” gathered, 45 HQ, 1 dragonskin map, 1 wyverskin map in 2h 31m mining
    1h 7m was spent moving between nodes
    5m was spent flying from teleport to gathering areas.

3 tells were received from users: x, y, z

1 party invite from: x

As for sending it to the website, I know some people are more worried than others so it’s important we keep that as optional. I’m really thinking of it more as milestones for “avatar bling” here in our community and as the status pings to make sure the bot is working. I don’t really see the stats being a security risk myself.

But remote chat, yes that is a bit risky and needs to be secured before I’d mess with it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.