Peculiar issue with moochPreset()

Forum Forums Discussion Peculiar issue with moochPreset()

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by VanGuard VanGuard 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Per Se
    Per Se
    Participant

So I’ve been experimenting with Fishing — a task I normally do not pay much attention to — and I’ve run across a rather peculiar problem, one for which I am unable to divine a solution. I was hoping someone here might have come across it before.

Here’s the scenario chapter in which the issue occurs:

fishPreset(Ruby Shrimp)
    moochPreset(none, Ruby Shrimp)
    moochPreset(Ruby Shrimp, Usuginu)
    workFor(00:40:00)
    fish(40)

The Ruby Shrimp fishing preset is set to Mooch, Snagging, Precision Hook, Patience 2, Mooch 2, ignore Medium/Large, and use Cordials.
    The Usuginu fishing preset is set to Snagging, Double Hook, ignore Small/Medium, and use Cordials.

Everything works fine when I catch NQ Ruby Shrimp, which tends to happen whenever I turn off Precision/Patience in that preset. With an NQ Ruby Shrimp, Miqo switches seamlessly to the Usuginu profile as called for in line 3 of the scenario, and catches Usuginu Octopodes with no issues.

The problem only occurs when I happen to catch an HQ Ruby Shrimp, at which point Miqo bugs out, and starts rapidly and repeatedly swapping between the Ruby Shrimp and Usuginu presets, while never actually *doing* anything. It leaves the Ruby Shrimp on the hook and doesn’t initiate a Mooch or a new cast, it just gets stuck in a loop swapping between the presets.

If I remove the moochPreset(none, Ruby Shrimp) line, this problem doesn’t occur, but then Miqo gets stuck in the Usuginu profile after the first Ruby Shrimp Mooch and never leaves it. I can’t effectively fish for another Ruby Shrimp using the Usuginu profile, or vice versa, as they have different tug and hookset requirements. I can drop the Precision/Patience 2 out of the Ruby Shrimp preset and hope to only catch NQ Ruby Shrimp for use with Mooch 2, but this seems very inefficient, and any chance HQ Ruby Shrimp essentially breaks the scenario.

Anyone have any ideas?

Per Se
    Per Se
    Participant

Okay, well, new wrinkle. It stopped working with NQ Ruby Shrimp as well, so after trying multiple profile and scenario setting iterations — as well as restarting Miqo several times — I reverted to an older version of the preset file, with the EXACT SAME SETTINGS, and now it works with both NQ and HQ Ruby Shrimp.

I’m out of ideas. I’d like to go back to fleshing out the scenario, but now I’m afraid moving anything will break it!

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Enable Mooch and Mooch 2 for Usuginu preset.

At the moment youre telling Miqo this:
    – Catch Ruby Shrimp.
    – Mooch will be next, switch to “Usuginu” preset.
    – “Usuginu” does NOT contain mooch.
    – Mooch is not needed, go back to “Ruby Shrimp” preset.

What you actually want to do:
    – Catch Ruby Shrimp.
    – Mooch will be next, switch to “Usuginu” preset.
    – Mooch using the new preset.

Per Se
    Per Se
    Participant

Ah, I see the logic it’s using now. I’ll give that a whirl.

Thanks for the advice, Lyfox!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Per Se Per Se.
    VanGuard
    VanGuard
    Participant

Would you be able to post the scenario you use Per se? would love to try this I tried creating a scenario that eliminates fishing in one spot block but haven’t been able to successfully or fishing octopus with a higher success rate

Per Se
    Per Se
    Participant

Give me a minute to clean it up, then I’ll post it.

Per Se
    Per Se
    Participant

Here you go!

This scenario fishes for Usuginu in two separate spots, each for 40 minutes, then heads over to Dawn Throne and fishes for collectible Sweatfish for 40 minutes. The scenario then repeats 4 times, or however many times you change the repeatAll() in the final chapter to.

The two separate spots are there to avoid the fish in either spot becoming Wary, and the Sweatfish chapter is there to avoid hitting the Wary state for the entire Usuginu fishing area. You can reduce the time on the Sweatfish if you don’t particularly care to grab many Everdeeps; I wouldn’t go lower than 5 minutes, just to ensure you land at least 2 fish in the event of hideously bad luck.

You could, of course, sub in any fish for that chapter, if you don’t want to carry a supply of Stonefly Larva.

Usuginu are pretty hard to find, though I feel like they might have stealthed in a buff to their rate of appearance recently. I use a 5-minute run of Usuginu catching to break the Wary state when I’m fishing specifically for Sweatfish, and in the space of 4 runs (so 20 minutes total), I got 9nq/6hq the other day. By comparison, the first time I successfully ran this scenario, I got 33 in the span of several hours.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    VanGuard
    VanGuard
    Participant

Love it thanks a ton!

VanGuard
    VanGuard
    Participant

So seem to cant figure out what the issue is but everytime I try and repair miqo doesn’t back all the way out of fishing it just tries to repair while I’m fishing have any of you had that issue?

VanGuard
    VanGuard
    Participant

Bump, still cant figure this out for some reason… everytime miqo finishes the 40 minute fishing part of the chapter and tries to repair before starting the next chapter she doesn’t back the character all the way out of fishing she just tries to repair while the rod is still out then gets stuck. Ive tried inputting send keys to back her out but that doesn’t work either for me.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Do you have a fishing quit icon on hotbar? What key is it assigned to?

VanGuard
    VanGuard
    Participant

Didn’t have it assigned such a easy fix wow… thanks a ton Lyfox!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.