Patch 3.45 – Miqobot Status

Forum Forums Discussion Patch 3.45 – Miqobot Status

This topic contains 32 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  trial 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    soviras
    soviras
    Participant
    3+

I find possible solution to issue. Traps are still stored on client side, but is hidden differently. Now there is trap objects at large distance. It is always loaded in like S rank hunt. This new trap object type has properties for trap type and trigger location of trap, and is how trap is triggered when walking over location. If walking on location that is set as property for new trap object, it triggers. By finding location property it is possible to determine where trap will trigger, but I don’t know how to understand location property or consistently find them.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, we were also researching these new traps, but unfortunately they turned out to be a dead end.
    The ‘Trap’ entities you see in the distance are not new, they were always there.

Prior to maintenance they were pre-positioned in trap locations in anticipation of trigger effect. These are essentially invisible monsters whose sole purpose is to cast a trap ability on you. Each of them possesses all trap abilities at once (explosion, lure visual effect, enervation debuff, silence/pacification debuff, and toad debuff). Therefore you can not predict the type of trap by looking at them.
    After the maintenance they are positioned in the centre of PotD zone at (0,0,0). When you step into a trap, the server tells one of them to teleport to the trap location and cast a corresponding trap ability.

This is the same method that is used for implementing raid mechanics where it seems like boss is casting several abilities at once and targets multiple players. In fact, there are several invisible copies of the same boss and each of them casts a single ability. For example, there are multiple copies of ‘Bahamut Prime’ in T13, two copies of each ‘Spiked Bomb’ in A5S (to emulate cross-shaped AOE), and so on.

There’s a very simple proof that traps are now evaluated server-side. Initiate a lag spike of 1 second and step into a visible trap.

• If the trap is client-side, it will be triggered immediately.
    • If the trap is server-side, it will be triggered 1 second later.

If you want to try it out, please follow these steps:

1. Download Clumsy utility: clumsy 0.2
      This is a tool for emulating lag spikes.
    2. Find the IP address for your server: FFXIV Server Status
    3. Open config.txt file of Clumsy.
    4. Add the following line to the end:
      Balmung: ip.DstAddr == 199.91.189.30 or ip.SrcAddr == 199.91.189.30
      Replace the server name and server IP with your own.
    5. Launch Clumsy (but don’t start it yet).
    6. In the list of presets, select your newly created config.
    7. Enable Lag option and setup Delay for 1000 ms.
    8. Press Start in Clumsy.
      Verify that you are now experiencing lags by casting an ability or spell and observing the delay.
    9. Press Stop to disable lags for now.
    10. Enter Palace of the Dead.
    11. Find a Pomander of Sight and use it.
    12. Step next to a trap.
    13. Press Start in Clumsy and verify that you experience lags again.
    14. Step into a trap.
    15. Observe the delay before the trap is actually triggered.
    16. Enable Show -> All in Miqobot’s 3D Radar and notice that one of the ‘Trap’ entities has teleported to the trap location.

However, if you have any proof of the opposite, please share with us!
    We want the traps back on 3D Radar as much as you do, and we would gladly investigate any additional information you provide.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

The problem is I believe to make that database, you could gather data from Miqobot clients, sending in background all traps positions that hit us, you would may be end up by knowing all possible positions, the last floors data will still be rare and require lots of time.

But I don’t know if anything of this is possible, if you can somehow get the ID of one specific square room and get all known traps position tied to it.

And don’t accept this request if it’s way too much work, it’s not worth it, Miqobot can still find all hoards, so it’s fine, and I would rather get the Scenario and Battle Engine, and Triple Triad Solver first ^^’

Yes, this is possible. And no, this is not too much work 🙂
    In fact, this feature was already implemented for Diadem in 3.1.

PotD - Traps

We can easily fill the database for floors 1-100 and distribute it within Miqobot. But floors 101+ and beyond will indeed require a dedicated server.

Key points:

1. It may take a few weeks or even months to gather all trap locations. (Depending on how popular PotD will be in the coming days.)
    2. Deeper floors will stay uncharted for a very long time. (This method will not prevent you from wiping on 199 due to undiscovered Lure or Silence.)
    3. There are no patterns that would describe trap types. (If you take a look at the screenshot above, you may notice there are different traps spawning at the same location. You still won’t be able to use Landmines without Pomander of Sight.)
    4. At any point in the future, Square Enix may alter these patterns and we will have to start gathering data anew.

This feature will arrive in two parts.
    – Part I will contain traps on floors 1-100 and will be bundled with Miqobot.
    – Part II will be released with dedicated server which will collect and analyze data on floors 101-200.

But before we start working on a server, we have to ask you first.
    This is not a feature we can handle on our own. It will take the effort of our whole community. You will have to go into PotD 101-200 with Miqobot by your side, attempt to use as many Pomanders of Sight as possible, and let Miqobot collect this data. All trap locations that you find will be then available for everybody else, but it will take a lot of time to find them all.
    Are you ready for this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

LHalfish
    Participant

After wiping last night on floor 186 due to chimeras and a lure trap i can honestly say “OH god yes please.”

Also I noticed a lot of people on reddit were talking about this ability which is probably why it got amended in the patch could you perhaps put a warning to say. “PLEASE USE WITH DISCRETION YOU IDIOTS!” I understand that they may be using other bots *spits on floor* but we should do our part to stop people flaunting this ability in matched parties. I mean some of them were really obvious…

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Yes I don’t mind having Miqobot gathering datas for the community while I play, I was already doing this in 1.0 6 years ago with a tool the guy behind XIVDB gave to me to gather as much datas as possible for his web site while playing.

The only thing I’m scared about is the amount of work it will put on you Miqobot devs, I feel guilty every time I want to request something, knowing it will push back a little more the next big long awaited features of the bot.

But like LHalfish just said, wiping on floor 186 because of an RNG trap really make you want to punch your screen, all those hours lost in 1 sec because of RNG…
    People will have to understand that this feature won’t be 100% complete before a long time, and that they will likely get hit by unmarked (yet) traps.

Also, Square Enix rarely make changes like this measure, they do it when they see players complaining and reporting unfair behaviours, so the best thing is to keep your mouth shut, don’t brag you can find all hoards, and don’t show that in public matched parties, use that only with trusted friends or solo.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

All right, this is a work in progress now 🙂

Traps on floors 1-100 will be available in the next Beta upgrade.
    Traps on floors 101-200 will be progressively available as our players explore them for Miqobot to collect data.

A warning about discretion will be added as well.

LHalfish
    Participant

Ok what do we need to do for you to be able to take note of the traps? would a sight pomander be enough or would you need us to physically blow up? Just going to be running 130 + tonight so want to make sure I can help as much as possible.

Also do we need anything activated on Miqobot (all, Potd?) or just open in the background?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by  LHalfish.
    Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

I believe you will have to wait for an upcoming release, until then the current clients don’t have the required features to send collected data.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Yes, we have to implement the server first 🙂
    It will take some time.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Traps server is implemented.
    We are preparing the final Beta build of 3D Radar – Palace of the Dead.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    1+

That’s good news, I’m currently doing a solo 1-101, and I’m planning to do a light party 1-200 this week-end, if maybe this new beta build is ready by then, I could start to feed the Traps server.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Traps server has been running in experimental mode for the past two weeks. Now we have enough data to bring traps back on 3D Radar 🙂
    The amount of data we obtained so far:

----------------------------------------------------
    |       Floor Range       | Number of Unique Traps |
    |                    1-10 |           58           |
    |                   11-20 |           54           |
    |                   21-30 |           73           |
    |                31-40-50 |          114           |
    |             51-60-70-80 |          125           |
    |           81-90-100-110 |           94           |
    |             111-120-130 |           68           |
    |             131-140-150 |           56           |
    | 151-160-170-180-190-200 |           85           |

This will be available in Miqobot v1.2.53 Beta within the next 24 hours.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

New Beta is available. Please visit the corresponding thread for download:

Download Miqobot Beta

mikichii
    Participant

@miqobot small issue in the current beta – Black Pegasus is not being recognized as a mount.

(10:31:40 PM) Sorry, can’t mount – no mounts found on hotbar 🙁

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

I tested the new PoTD radar the last few days, it’s great as expected, very useful. During my solo runs I triggered 3 traps that weren’t in the database yet, were these locations uploaded to the Miqobot servers? And will they be added in the next version, or are they re-downloaded periodically by Miqobot client?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.