Palace of the Dead

Forum Forums Discussion Palace of the Dead

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

rothgarr
    Participant
    1+

Hey,

Long time customer here :).

I’m anxiously waiting for a “fighting” release of Miqobot – with capacity of running dungeons and duties, etc. I’d be really interesed in any alpha/beta verions u would have of those functionalities.

In the meantime I suggest adding a functionality to Miqobot that could be possibly easier to implement then regular full scale dutie and dungeons – running solo first 10 floors of PotD over and over :). That’d give experience or tomestones and possibly even potsherds as they drop randomly from bronze chests.

Why I say it could potentially be easier? Because I think it’d require programming only the basic use of low level skills of class (arcanist woukld be potentially the easiest to do I think).

Also running PotD solo would be extremely safe, as there are no players around to spot the bot in action in a dedicated instance :).

Not sure how hard the dungeons itself are for pathfinding – I really hope they are similar to the Aquapolis – u did research on that not so long ago.

Thanks for the great bot, hope to keep subscribing ;).

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Greetings!
    Thank you for asking very much 🙂

Indeed, Palace of the Dead would be an extremely valuable addition for Miqobot.
    An ability to farm Lore tomestones, solo, without any daily restrictions – seems too good to be true. Additional Poetics and Esoterics rewards can be used for Relic quest progression. And the amount of experience given is competetive to running dungeons and FATEs.

That’s why we have already assigned a few Miqobot Team members to investigate new opportunities.

And they are already preparing results of the preliminary research. It looks very promising!
    We’ll post it later today 🙂

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

So here’s what we found.

• All rooms are static. There is a finite number of rooms in total.
      If you make a Navigation Grid as you progress through Palace of the Dead, you will find yourself in the same room eventually.

palace-01

• Passages between rooms are randomly generated.
      Where there was a way on one floor, there may be a wall on another floor.

palace-02

• More specifically, passages themselves are always there, but they can be covered with walls making them impassable.
      This is essentially how map generation works.

palace-03 palace-04

• At each floor, the game can select any adjacent set of rooms to create a map. The amount of possible patterns is huge.
      Thery weren’t lying about randomly generated maps. It is for real.

palace-05

• There are two sets of rooms floating in the void. Each set contains 21 rooms.
      Other structures are:
      – Boss room.
      – Ban room.
      – A copy of the pit from South Shroud (where entry cutscene takes place).
      – A big structure in the middle, which purpose is yet to be revealed.

palace-06 palace-07

Implementing pathfinding in randomly generated environment is extremely difficult.
    For this we will have to teach Miqobot how to create Navigation Grids on the fly.
    This will be the most challenging task.

Implementing rotations is the easiest part of your feature request. It will take about 10% of development cost.
    The rest 90% will be spent on reverse engineering of ingame UI, generating Navigation Meshes, implementing dedicated AI to avoid traps and look for treasure coffers, strategic planning of pomanders usage, and arranging entry NPC interaction.

We are going to release Levels 1-10 in one of the upcoming Betas and see how it goes.
    If this feature proves to be popular enough, we will consider implementing deeper floors of the Deep Dungeon 🙂

masquejode
    masquejode
    Participant

This looks awesome, and is a feature I would definitely like to take advantage of. I’ve seen you reference “Beta” versions of Miqobot in several posts. Is there a place i can download said beta versions? I’ve not seen anything other than the regular client download.

rothgarr
    Participant

Thanks for doing the research Miqo :).

I’m really looking forward to the beta of this feature, and combat-enabled Miqobot in general :). Hope you’ll make an alpha version available as soon as possible, at least to people holding a current subscription.

Slightly offtopic, you say that automatic rotation ability is relatively easy to do:
    Is there a possiblity for alpha/beta to contain ability to start a “automatic rotation” mode for Miqobot so it just keeps running forward while stopping to kill anything it can (like with tomahawk or with a spell). You just just keep moving it through a dungeon/PotD while alt-tabbing to do something else. And add a run away from AOE/look away from petrification/switch tagets to get enmity when tanking or avoid getting agro when tanking etc when such functionalities gets implemented.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

This looks awesome, and is a feature I would definitely like to take advantage of. I’ve seen you reference “Beta” versions of Miqobot in several posts. Is there a place i can download said beta versions? I’ve not seen anything other than the regular client download.

When we release a Beta version of Miqobot, we create a dedicated thread on forums.
    Download links will be posted there 🙂

Here’s an example: [Beta] Gather by Name, Crafting Solver, Multibox

Slightly offtopic, you say that automatic rotation ability is relatively easy to do:
    Is there a possiblity for alpha/beta to contain ability to start a “automatic rotation” mode for Miqobot so it just keeps running forward while stopping to kill anything it can (like with tomahawk or with a spell). You just just keep moving it through a dungeon/PotD while alt-tabbing to do something else. And add a run away from AOE/look away from petrification/switch tagets to get enmity when tanking or avoid getting agro when tanking etc when such functionalities gets implemented.

Sure, this feature is called Assist Mode, and it will be released as well.
    We are planning several levels of automation for Combat, from a completely self-contained AI to a highly customizable Assist Mode.

We have discussed different aspects of DPS Solver in this thread: Roll solver
    I think you would be interested if you haven’t seen it yet 🙂

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

I think this could be a very safe, private way to level up. Maybe slower than others, but the fact it’s totally private when soloing it, unlike FATES, makes it a very interesting choice. Even if with soloing and the Bot it’s only possible for the first floors, it’s still a good option.

eoin
    Participant

Any ETA on this feature? Very interesting concept.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

No exact ETA yet, but rest assured that it’s one our top priorities.

Since Palace of the Dead has very little variety, it becomes a perfect task for Miqobot.
    Grinding always makes her happy 🙂

We are planning to release Palace support in the next version of Miqobot (as the current one is already technically overloaded and long overdue).

mms_lucky24
    Participant

since the last post is almost 1 year, i wanna ask, when will the potd stuff release?

Starwind
    Starwind
    Participant

I would also like to know the status on this or if it has been canceled. Thanks!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Combat features are currently scheduled for v1.3.x series of Miqobot. PotD support may arrive sooner, depending on several factors which are currently not under our control.

We can not name a specific ETA, but we are doing our best to make it available as soon as possible.
    Thank you for your concern very much!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.