Out on a Limb (Home)

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Out on a Limb (Home)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  mahinapealook 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

reeeeeeeee
    Spectator

Hello, I’m new to the scenario game. and i have come up with a scrip that will plat out on a limb at home. problem is it does not respect the settings. if i set them in the scenario it does not matter. or if set in the page themself.

key(f12) <-- selects nearest item 'machine at home'
    key(num0) <-- selects machine to bring up yes or no
    key(num8) <-- presses up twice to yes
    key(num8)
    key(num0) <-- confirm
    minigame(1) <-- this point this bot says ' you already started without me?' and proceeds to play and does not respect settings.
    repeatAll(9999)

if i add the settings in to “hardcode” it. it would look like this

key(f12)
    key(num0)
    key(num8)
    key(num8)
    key(num0)
    mgpDifficulty(titan)
    mgpDoubleUntil(15, 4)
    minigame(1)
    repeatAll(9999)

but this does not respect setting either.. is there something i missing?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  reeeeeeeee.

Xion
    Participant

You’re using it in a location that isn’t supported. That’s most likely the issue.
    The mini-games is coded to be used in Gold Saucer.

reeeeeeeee
    Spectator

the most bannable place to use it.. thats the only place to use it? wild.. thanks for the reply

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

We don’t think that implementing housing minigames support will make it less bannable.

We have received information from multiple sources that playing the same minigame for several hours non-stop is likely to result in account suspension, even if this activity is performed in a private locked house. There is reason to believe that a server-side script is constantly monitoring your private house activity.

In fact, we are concerned that implementing this option will significantly increase the ban rate.
    As players will be deceived by a false sense of safety in their houses, they will leave Miqobot running unattended for much longer than they usually would at the Gold Saucer in the presence of other players. Therefore this feature remains a low priority for now.

demoncide
    demoncide
    Participant

the most bannable place to use it.. thats the only place to use it? wild.. thanks for the reply

If you are not using it for hours without breaks you should be fine. Just looks sus to play a minigame for way too long no matter where you are.

reeeeeeeee
    Spectator
    1+

I dont know if i can get behind the hand holding logic here. You say your a bot. but you dont want us to bot to much. you can use one game in one place but not another.. i think it should be up to the user on where to use the bot that they paid for. idk maybe im outta line here.. but i dont think you should restrict users based on that.

Ray
    Participant
    1+

I dont know if i can get behind the hand holding logic here. You say your a bot. but you dont want us to bot to much. you can use one game in one place but not another.. i think it should be up to the user on where to use the bot that they paid for. idk maybe im outta line here.. but i dont think you should restrict users based on that.

They are not restricting, they said its a low priority.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    5+

Perhaps you are right.
    But in this case, we are talking about several weeks of development that may result in a massive ban wave. If the majority of the community ends up losing their accounts, they will blame us. And they will be right to do so, because if such feature did not exist it wouldn’t happen.

We would prefer to receive claims of being a bad developer rather than destroy numerous lives.

reeeeeeeee
    Spectator
    1+

Perhaps you are right.
    But in this case, we are talking about several weeks of development that may result in a massive ban wave. If the majority of the community ends up losing their accounts, they will blame us. And they will be right to do so, because if such feature did not exist it wouldn’t happen.

We would prefer to receive claims of being a bad developer rather than destroy numerous lives.

Ok, in that respect. Is it possible to get scenarios to adhear to setting when used. im sure they do but if i build a scenario (such as the example in the OP) i should be able to do what i want.. since im building it.. or do i have to stay in the “walled garden” you have built for us?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  reeeeeeeee.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Theyve already told you they did not make it on purpose. Minigames were released a few years back when housing versions didnt even exist. It needs several weeks to reimplement it the way you want regardless whether its in scenario or not.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

or do i have to stay in the “walled garden” you have built for us?

There is no walled garden.
    There is an algorithm that is incompatible with housing minigames. Implementation of a new algorithm requires a significant investment of development resources and entails high risk.

mahinapealook
    Participant

It’s a low priority.
    It requires new implementation.
    It has a higher risk of getting you banned.

If you want this this badly, perhaps you should look for another bot or service?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.