Optimizing Collectiable Crafting

Forum Forums Discussion Optimizing Collectiable Crafting

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tul02130 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

tul02130
    Participant

What would you guys think about a feature to enforce the max collectability. To ensure the solver doesnt spend cycles using hasty touch and observe when i only need the bar to be half full for maximum scrips.

Arc
    Arc

That would propably require a lot of recoding of the crafting algorithm, because from what I understood, the crafting solver doesn’t give a damn about how much collectability/HQ points a craft has in total, but simply blasts the absolutely highest possible HQ value into it until the HQ bar is full

tul02130
    Participant

It should be rather simple, since the progress is always 1 step away from finish before it starts getting quality up all thats needed is one condition. If collectiblelity is bigger than your set number, use careful synth.

Should be 5mins of efford to implement.

Don’t get me wrong, I know what you mean, but I don’t expect the resolver to be optimized for lower than max quality values.
    Also even that should be just fine, you could basically code it so that the recipe is recognized as a max of 500 quality instead of 1000 for example. Those are the two ways to go about it and shouldnt require any recoding, just conditions.

It’s literally just meant to prevent it from wasting 15steps worth of time using hasty touch + observe when you already reached the max turn in collectability.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  tul02130.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  tul02130.
    Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Those are the two ways to go about it and shouldnt require any recoding, just conditions.

I have to agree here. What does any bot need at most is 1) a lot of different sound notifications and 2) a lot of condition checking to let users fine-tune their toons for their personal tasks/taste, until everyone gets his fully optimized full-afk bot for his preferred task. Granted, most users will leave most of these conditions at default values, never ever modifying them; but I bet everyone finds several variables for his personal task which could be lifesaver (or at least great performance booster). Also, adding these notifications and condition checks should be way easier (and thus faster) than major tasks like crafter solver or combat engine…

tul02130
    Participant
    1+

Those are the two ways to go about it and shouldnt require any recoding, just conditions.

I have to agree here. What does any bot need at most is 1) a lot of different sound notifications and 2) a lot of condition checking to let users fine-tune their toons for their personal tasks/taste, until everyone gets his fully optimized full-afk bot for his preferred task. Granted, most users will leave most of these conditions at default values, never ever modifying them; but I bet everyone finds several variables for his personal task which could be lifesaver (or at least great performance booster). Also, adding these notifications and condition checks should be way easier (and thus faster) than major tasks like crafter solver or combat engine…

I’ve always been of the opinion that the priority should be small efford, big impact.
    Examples would be inventory conditions (if inventory has 3 slots left go turn in, repair, keep farming, max collectability (to save alot of time), diffrent collectability for diffrent fish, etc.

I agree that the combat system is massively helpful and has to be done, but it would be good if someone in the team could dedicate some small time to QoL changes, but then again, i have no insight into this teams working and im very happy with the product.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

small effort, big impact

This!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

What would you guys think about a feature to enforce the max collectability. To ensure the solver doesnt spend cycles using hasty touch and observe when i only need the bar to be half full for maximum scrips.

Yes, this feature has already been requested and planned for implementation.

In the meantime, if you don’t want Miqobot to use Hasty Touch or Observe you can simply remove them from your hotbar.
    Thank you for your request!

I’ve always been of the opinion that the priority should be small efford, big impact.
    Examples would be inventory conditions (if inventory has 3 slots left go turn in, repair, keep farming, max collectability (to save alot of time), diffrent collectability for diffrent fish, etc.

I agree that the combat system is massively helpful and has to be done, but it would be good if someone in the team could dedicate some small time to QoL changes, but then again, i have no insight into this teams working and im very happy with the product.

At the moment we have 1,748 pending minor feature requests. We agree that implementing them would indeed make Miqobot more flexible and versatile, but at the same time the Combat system would never see the light of day.

We apologize if our priorities made you unhappy.

tul02130
    Participant

We apologize if our priorities made you unhappy.

Absolutely not necessary. I see where you are coming from. Combat assist has to get done one way or another, I just fear that it will consume alot of time and require alot of updating once ShB hits. Regardless im very fine with the bot right now as I mostly use it when I play other stuff to farm.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.