One thing I noticed about many 6.0 EW grids.

Forum Forums Grids and Presets One thing I noticed about many 6.0 EW grids.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Xion 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

zerozerozero
    Participant
    3+

First of all, I want to say thank you to everyone making scenarios and grids, I am very grateful and appreciative.

However, I just wanted to say that many of the grids have incredibly unnatural movements for a player.

Many of the waypoints in some of the recent 6.0 grids are flying only and dismount near gathering points. As a result, when running the grids, the player will mount even when the next gathering node is walking distance. This is very unnatural movement as the player will mount directly up back into the flying waypoint, and immediately dismount a couple yalms later to get to the next gathering node. This leads to players easily being able to spot that you are automating gathering and will lead to increase amount of player reports.

An easy way to fix this is to add walking grid points after the fly destination so that your character will walk to the nearest node instead of mounting a distance that a player would usually not mount for. Just wanted to give any people making grids a heads-up on this.

Lastly, something of lesser note is that many of the paths from flying point A to flying point B goes through the ground, which leads to some very unnatural flight patterns of bobbing up and down over the ground. This can be fixed by making a waypoint in the middle that is directly above the ground that it was originally going through. This ensures a clear and concise path with many points on the flight path for Miqo to effectively fly, rather than pathing through the terrain.

Thanks.

Chargulae
    Participant

I agree. Although I am extremely appreciative, I’ve noticed that a lot of scenarios are feeling a lot more robotic than past ones. I wish I was as gifted as those who make scenarios but unfortunately, I am unable to.

Chocoracer18
    Participant
    2+

Hey happy New year.

Maybe one of the experienced guys can make a step by step video Tutorial about Navigation grids – so we can learn from it an contribute aswell/help to improve the Existing grids šŸ˜‰ would greatly appreciate that.

Simpleton
    Participant
    1+

I just finished MSQ a few days ago after moving into my new location. I am in the process of doing exactly what you are speaking of. I want to ensure that it is working correctly and is good to go before I make it public. I am hoping to have it up by the end of the week as long as everything goes smoothly. It is a lot of things that need to be changed in the grid to ensure that it works correctly.

anahita
    Participant

Generally speaking, I make sure flying is only on the air nodes and walk is between <.< It’s just a simple rclick to change

Strife025
    Strife025
    Participant

Yes I edited alot of the pre-existing grids for myself because they were janky, but appreciate people starting them because it cuts out the work.

In terms of good examples for people starting to make grids, the ShB all in one scenario was really well done if you need examples for EW.

The most obvious things new people are doing is:
    -Not making foot waypoints between the sets of close nodes at each of the 3 “main locations” for each material
    -Making flying waypoints way too high in the air. Both the bot and a real humans don’t need to fly way up in the air to get to the next set of nodes
    -Not adding a path from the nearest aetheryte to the gathering location which is important for building scenarios (I’ll usually queue up a list of like 10 things to gather(100) to get a stack of ~900ish of each)

Just!cE
    Just!cE
    Participant

Agreed. People making grids need to consider how players move. A good practice is to manually do a gathering circuit yourself and make a mental note of how you naturally move from node to node. Please stop with this practice of flying straight up. No one does that and you’re going to get caught.

Uxhak
    Participant
    1+

Using someone’s premade grid is also a way to get reported if to many people in the same world are using it, just saying. you should be making edits and adjustments for your grids to match your best scenario usage. Also adjusting teleport times for legendary nodes, in-between teleports, and so on. In the end you will have a whole different scenario and grid anyways. The premade grids on the forums are really just to get you started.

void2328
    Participant

Likewise, I’ve had to edit a lot of grids I’ve picked up because the pathing is illogical or very robotic. for my own personal grids I tend to watch it go through the motions at least half a dozen times to make sure its running smoothly without any hiccups.

cyn369
    cyn369
    Participant
    3+

I agree with all the points above. I’ve had to adjust a few in the past. The thing I appreciate and I now do with my grids is correct labeling. I label the grid as it is in the game. I also enter pertinent info in the notes box under navigation (ie: items and slot # as well as the first node waypoint in the series). Here are all of the BTN / MIN grids I’ve made for 6.0 These are just the regular nodes. I would be interested to hear your thoughts on these, as it can only help improve us all.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Patto1992
    Participant

I’m currently writing up a quick guide for you guys, does anyone know if FFXIV has unique identifiers in screen shots? Just worried about posting those, or video for that matter, even if character names etc. are taken out.

Xion
    Participant

Iā€™m currently writing up a quick guide for you guys, does anyone know if FFXIV has unique identifiers in screen shots? Just worried about posting those, or video for that matter, even if character names etc. are taken out.

I don’t have an answer but an alternative is snipping tool

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.