Ocean Fishing and Scenarios

Forum Forums Discussion Ocean Fishing and Scenarios

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by jakebnda jakebnda 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jakebnda
    jakebnda
    Participant

My question is how might one change bait during Spectral + Intuition AND How one could change the Double Hook tug priority based on the weather.
    1: I would like to have Miqo change bait when under spectral and intuition so I may catch the rare blue fish.
    2: I would like to be able to change double hook priority based on the spectral weather.

Base fishing scenario:
    setFishNoIntuitionBait(Plump Worm)
    setFishWeatherBait(Spectral,Ragworm)
    setFishIntuitionBait(Krill)
    setFishNoIntuitionPreset(Preset 1)
    setFishIntuitionPreset(Preset 2)
    setFishWeatherPreset(Spectral,Preset 3)
    startFishing(6)

There seems to be no way to include the double hook priority without it applying to all of the other weather types. The same goes for setting the weather AND intuition state. Is there a way to include some of these commands within other commands? This would solve both of my issues.
    ie: setFishWeatherBait(Spectral[setFishIntuitionBait(Krill)],Ragworm)

Thanks for lookin!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Yes, better Ocean Fishing support is one of the features planned under Gathering updates:
    Upcoming Features

1: I would like to have Miqo change bait when under spectral and intuition so I may catch the rare blue fish.

Please keep in mind, however, that this is a request for decreased efficiency.
    Fisher’s Intuition during Spectral Current lasts for 15 seconds and it takes 5-10 seconds for Miqobot to equip a different bait. So even if we implement this feature, it will be immediately broken by design because it will constantly waste the Intution buff.
    If you wish to catch the blue fish, you have to equip the required bait as soon as Spectral Current appears and use it to catch Intuition prerequisites.

jakebnda
    jakebnda
    Participant

Thank you very much for the insight! I will be implementing this and sharing the scenario!

jakebnda
    jakebnda
    Participant

I’m having trouble getting Miqo to use Double Hook while ocean fishing. The scenario looks like this:

setFishNoIntuitionBait(Krill)
    setFishNoIntuitionPreset(Ocean Fishing)
    setFishIntuitionBait(Plump Worm)
    setFishIntuitionPreset(Ocean Intuition) 
    setFishWeatherBait(Spectral,Ragworm) 
    setFishWeatherPreset(Spectral,Spectral DH)
    doubleHookTug(large)
    startFishing(7)

and the presets have Patience, snagging, and mooch turned on. For the “Spectral DH” I have Patience deselected. I assumed that Miqo takes into account the reduced efficiency while Patience is applied and chooses to not use double hook. I havent been able to get Miqo to use DH even with this hypothesis taken into account. What am I missing?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Double Hook costs 400 GP. Do you have enough GP for DH after that much Patience?

jakebnda
    jakebnda
    Participant

Yeah. Im usually sitting at about 700gp / 850ish.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Double Hook is triggered under the following conditions:

• Double Hook setting is enabled.
    • Double Hook icon is on hotbar.
    • Powerful Hookset is disabled or not required.
    • Precision Hookset is disabled or not required.
    • GP value is 400+.
    • Tug type matches the filter specified by doubleHookTug().

Please note that the function doubleHookTug() does not enable Double Hook setting in Miqobot automatically.
    If this setting is disabled in the fishing preset, the function doubleHookTug() has no effect.

jakebnda
    jakebnda
    Participant

Thank you very much for the clarification! After disabling the hooksets, I have had success. If/When cast timers are implemented for double hook, I think not much more can be done to improve ocean fishing results. Thanks again!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.