Ocean Fishin

Forum Forums Discussion Ocean Fishin

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  pagonis 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

yunalescadpriestess
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone has tried Miqo’s fishing with Ocean fishing and how did it go?

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

I Havent tried it, but I cant imagine it going well. Ocean fishing requires a lot on-the-spot decisions for hooking/switching baits and dropping out of patience to maximize points. While miqo can use the right hooksets to land the different sized fish, I dont think she’ll drop out of patience and switch baits on the fly during spectral windows.

Yesbot
    Yesbot
    Participant
    11+

I managed to get the mount and minion with help of Miqobot but this method still needs a player to monitor and make adjustments as necessary. Here’s what I did:

– Use only 1 kind of bait for each area.
    Krill for The Southern Strait of Merlthor
    Ragworm for The Northern Strait of Merlthor
    Plump worm for Galadion Bay and Rhotano Sea
    – Use “patience” fishing preset in Miqobot and check use cordials then start fishing.
    – When you proc Fisher’s Intuition check “chum” then uncheck when the buff expires.
    – During Spectral Currents, check “double hook” then uncheck when the buff expires.

If anyone has more tips for a better chance of getting more points feel free to add a comment.
    I hope this helps and good luck!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Yesbot Yesbot.

jimmyicee
    Participant

After 4 runs doing it random, I use your method and scored 14k points on first try!

jimjankins
    jimjankins
    Participant

Yesbot, this info helped me a lot, thanks for sharing it here!

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant

Interesting, I couldn’t get Miqo to actually fish when I was on the ship, so I did it manually. I’ll have to try again and see what went wrong and why, since if everyone else is able to fish with Miqo I probably overlooked something. And yes, I was standing at the edge of the ship and able to cast šŸ˜›

Arc
    Arc

Just used Miqo on the ship for the first time and instantly got my shark mount šŸ™‚

@sefirosukuraudo: Did you have all the necessary skills on a normal hotbar (not a gamepad cross-hotbar) with keybinds set to every key?

flintrucker
    Participant

Just to add my two cents here — just in case other fellow players are thinking why they can’t seem to get the mount… Ocean Fishing is a GIANT RNG thing. If you can’t get it with the above settings, just keep trying, you’ll get there eventually.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Just to add my two cents here ā€” just in case other fellow players are thinking why they canā€™t seem to get the mountā€¦ Ocean Fishing is a GIANT RNG thing. If you canā€™t get it with the above settings, just keep trying, youā€™ll get there eventually.

SO much this Lol Someone saying ” i just used miqo for the first time and it got my mount!” is so misleading haha sure miqo helped you get it but the real boss of ocean fishing is RNG. Most of the times if you dont get 3 spectral currents, you wont get the neccesary points to get the achievement.

I sure would love for miqo to be able to just go in there and score some mounts tho! Lol I’d be all over the 16k achievement title.

Yesbot
    Yesbot
    Participant

Just to add my two cents here ā€” just in case other fellow players are thinking why they canā€™t seem to get the mountā€¦ Ocean Fishing is a GIANT RNG thing. If you canā€™t get it with the above settings, just keep trying, youā€™ll get there eventually.

I didn’t get it on my first try either. It’s not the most optimal way, just the most convenient way to get as many points as possible I can think of using Miqobot which may or may not reach 10k. She happened to get me the mount and 10k+ points a few times later so I decided to share.

flintrucker
    Participant

I didnā€™t get it on my first try either. Itā€™s not the most optimal way, just the most convenient way to get as many points as possible I can think of using Miqobot which may or may not reach 10k. She happened to get me the mount and 10k+ points a few times later so I decided to share.

For sure! The setting is super helpful. šŸ˜€

pagonis
    Participant

I managed to get the mount and minion with help of Miqobot but this method still needs a player to monitor and make adjustments as necessary. Hereā€™s what I did:

ā€“ Use only 1 kind of bait for each area.
    Krill for The Southern Strait of Merlthor
    Ragworm for The Northern Strait of Merlthor
    Plump worm for Galadion Bay and Rhotano Sea
    ā€“ Use ā€œpatienceā€ fishing preset in Miqobot and check use cordials then start fishing.
    ā€“ When you proc Fisherā€™s Intuition check ā€œchumā€ then uncheck when the buff expires.
    ā€“ During Spectral Currents, check ā€œdouble hookā€ then uncheck when the buff expires.

If anyone has more tips for a better chance of getting more points feel free to add a comment.
    I hope this helps and good luck!

Do I need to stop the bot or at least pause to check and uncheck the options?

malarkey
    malarkey
    Participant

This is an older thread and Miqo has updated her fishing scenario options since then. Now, Fisher’s Intuition buff and Spectral Currents weather both are functions in the scenario builder that can be automated.

pagonis
    Participant

Is there a scenario for ocean fishing? or a more recent guide? I am very inexperienced in fishing so I really don’t know where to start…

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Do I need to stop the bot or at least pause to check and uncheck the options?

No need to pause. You can switch settings on the fly.

Is there a scenario for ocean fishing? or a more recent guide?

Not that i know of. The guide above is relevant and totally working.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.