Not detecting the Race Chocobo Reigistrar NPC on 2nd run and thereafter

Forum Forums Discussion Not detecting the Race Chocobo Reigistrar NPC on 2nd run and thereafter

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

thosffxi
    Participant

Hi, I followed the instructions completely, putting my character next to the npc hit the Start button and it works for the first race, but after the race is done, all it does it target every other npc and other player characters on screen. Is there something i’m doing wrong?

thosffxi
    Participant

update: So after testing different things out, I noticed a few things and i’m not 100% sure if it’s a character thing or what but i’m a lalafell.

Also when the race starts the first time everything works great, but then it changes the camera angle once the race is over so it wont target the npc for some odd reason.. it targets every other npc but the one that starts the race. So I notice i have to manually adjust the camera higher for it to auto detect the npc when it should be doing it itself.. i dont think there’s a way to make the camera angle locked is there?

thosffxi
    Participant

Update: If you’re a Lalafell you have to be zoomed in all the way. standing right in front of the npc thats the only way it works for me sadly 🙁

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for reporting!

Yes, there is indeed a problem with being unable to target the NPC under some specific camera angles.
    Miqobot is already aware of the possible issues and she already tries to mitigate the circumstances by scrolling through the targets on screen, then adjusting camera left and right, and then adjusting camera up and down.

But due to not using code injections, Miqobot can not detect 3D obstacles which may be interfering (the reception desk in this case). This is the seventh iteration of the algorithm, and we are still looking for ways to improve it. We are open to any ideas and suggestions you might want to share 🙂

If you have found the way to make the camera positioned correctly, this is the best solution at the moment. I think we should add this information to the Chocobo Racing guide, until we find a better solution. By zooming in, do you mean that you switch into 1st person view, or do you place the camera as close as possible to your character in 3rd person view?

Thank you very much!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.