New User; Missing connection between routes and systems. And Miqocraft question

Forum Forums Discussion New User; Missing connection between routes and systems. And Miqocraft question

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JustAnothaTank 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

JustAnothaTank
    Participant

I have a couple questions, and then one about Miqocrafter.

A) I downloaded a Grid for Skybuilder stuff, in this case Skybuilder Truegold Ore/minerals. I got this from the forums. If I’m in town and I activate it, the system gets confused because I am not where the ore is. ‘Something’ put a route for it under Navigation, which does have the name of the Zone = Aetheryte I need. So currently I have to Google where this item is (or read the nav), manualy go there, then start gathering. Is this right? I feel like something is missing.

B) Crafting – I use my own macro to 100% stuff. It seems like Miqo can’t support that (And I didn’t find the Solver very up to date), so I went and changed the hotkey to input the buttons in their proper order. How long should the delay be? The default was .5 which seemed super low. I put it 1.5 which was a bit toooo long.

C) Gathering – Sometimes I will get to a node that is on top of a rock and ‘above me’. It will sit there looking at it telling me it’s out of reach for quite awhile. Very suspicious looking. Anyway to prevent/mitigate this?

Miqocrafter:
    This tool seemed cool, so I went to test it out on a Skybuilder item I am making. There was no ‘good Grids’ for Skybuilder stuff, but based on the documentation I just went and changed the description to the name of the waypoint I wanted, and dropped it in the folder. How do I make it recognize it? I would like to watch it fully collect/create one item, but due to the “No grids” issue, it won’t do the Skybuilders portion.

Antonkell
    Antonkell
    Participant

A. Not all grids and made to work from the aetheryte. Some are made right at the resource spot (almost all the ones i made for skybuilder are like that) If you load the grid and are in the right zone, turn on show gather grid in navigation and you should see the overlay and you can just goto the area, and then click start.

Editing grids is really easy, just turn on the editor and edit the grid to your liking (there is a legend on screen for what does what)

B. I have nothing to add here

C. Sometimes the grids aren’t perfect and can get stuck. Thats why its best not to be absent long while running Miqo. As for the stuck spots, try editing the grid to change where you land or walk from, might make it better and you can upload your updated version.

mustafah
    mustafah
    Participant

A. You can learn the basics on how grids work via:

B. 0.5 seconds works just fine for me. If your connection is spotty you can try 0.75 seconds but from my understanding this delay only kicks in after miqo detects the completion of the previous action.

C. See Antonkell’s answer above.

D. If you want miqo to perform a series of actions, such as gathering several items then crafting, you need to use a scenario. The easiest way to learn is to download some scenarios and observe how they work. Miqo also has a handy help file built in that details the different commands, and can be accessed by clicking on the “?” near the top row.

JustAnothaTank
    Participant

Thank you both for your replies.

mustafah, whatever resource you tried to provide for A is missing – Could you send it over? I am more comfortable with it now but not fully sure how to modify the Grid.

Additionally; For Crafting – Is there a way to make it continue even if a button errors? My example is if I want my Crafting rotation to use ‘Reuse’. It will spam that button endlessly because it fails to hit it.

mustafah
    mustafah
    Participant

Oops, no idea why it didn’t post the link. Let’s try that again: Video Guide.

For Reuse I use a specific macro:

/ac Reuse <wait>
    /ac Careful Synthesis
    /micon Careful Synthesis

JustAnothaTank
    Participant

Funny you mention the macro, I ended up doing the same. I’ll check out the guide – Thanks again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.