New User – Feature Question

Forum Forums Discussion New User – Feature Question

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 4 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Kit
    Participant

Hello –

I just picked up FFXIV to play with some friends, and having played one too many MMOs in the past, I am trying my best to minimize time invested grinding. I am often at my computer, so being able to do other things while grinding is a huge plus to me. I just purchased Miqobot and the combat assist feature is already making my early grind much more tolerable, because I can click in to target enemies and otherwise focus on other things.

My question is as such – is there currently a feature set implemented that would allow me to automate basic combat grinding? For example a pseudo-code macro such as:

x = 1
    loop indefinitely {
    move to waypoint x
    target nearest enemy
    do combat assist
    wait until combat end
    x = x + 1 }

Of course other functions like checking health decline after combat to determine if there were additional aggros, clearing waypoints of enemies before proceeding, identifying unmanageable health reduction to escape over-aggro, etc. would all be beneficial and incorporated if possible, but I just wanted to know if these features exist on a basic level.

I looked into the navigation system but at first glance it appears to only support gathering. Just wondering if I am missing something or if this is not yet supported. I am not sure if any staff will see this post, but if these features are not implemented, do you have any interest in attempts at free development assistance? I am not a professional software developer (yet) but I would imagine expanding the current functionality would be within my skillset.

Thanks for any replies and the already very useful program!!

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by  Kit.
    • This topic was modified 4 years ago by  Kit.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

No, Custom fights and Monster grind are not supported at the moment.
    Yes, these features are already planned. They will be a part of the upcoming combat system which is currently in early beta. You can read about our progress here: [Beta] Combat

For additional information about open-world combat, please read this thread:
    Asking the community: Thoughts on Open World Combat and User Protection

Thank you for your request!

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

It’s not implemented already also because it’s not very useful in FFXIV, that’s not how you get useful EXP, it’s a pure waste of time for that, it’s not how the game was designed, as of for loot from open world mobs, they’re crafting mats that you can easily get by sending your retainers farming them for you (Discipline of War/Magic retainers).

If you want EXP, unlock Squadron and later Trust, and Miqobot will use them to level entirely your jobs for you, with no assistance on your part.

By using Squadron you’ll get tons of gear that you will trade at your Grand Company for Seals, and with those you’ll buy a mountain of Retainer coins, allowing you to send them endlessly farming crafting mats from mobs for you.

Then you’ll understand that open world monster grind is not really useful at all.

edgedy
    Participant
    1+

New relic content will essentially be 8 man Trust parties, it’ll be interested to see Miqo’s applications though they won’t likely be ready with the first iteration.

obaidfahad0
    Participant

New Miqobot user , can you guys tell me the fix of this ?
    (4:57:47 PM) Uhoh. There’s no key bound to action ‘Switch to Hotbar 4’.
    (4:57:48 PM) Uhoh. There’s no key bound to action ‘Switch to Hotbar 4’.
    (4:57:49 PM) Uhoh. There’s no key bound to action ‘Switch to Hotbar 4’.
    (4:57:51 PM) Uhoh. There’s no key bound to action ‘Switch to Hotbar 4’.
    (4:57:52 PM) Uhoh. There’s no key bound to action ‘Switch to Hotbar 4’.
    (4:57:53 PM) Uhoh. There’s no key bound to action ‘Switch to Hotbar 4’.
    (4:57:54 PM) Uhoh. There’s no key bound to action ‘Switch to Hotbar 4’.
    (4:57:56 PM) Uhoh. There’s no key bound to action ‘Switch to Hotbar 4’.
    (4:57:57 PM) Uhoh. There’s no key bound to action ‘Switch to Hotbar 4’.
    (4:57:58 PM) Uhoh. There’s no key bound to action ‘Switch to Hotbar 4’.

it comes to me everytime i do a thing

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

This message indicates that you’re missing an important keybind in the game settings.
    You can find it under Keybind -> System -> Switch to Hotbar 4.

Please take a look at this guide for detailed information: Keybinds and Icons Recognition

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.