New to FFXIV & Miqo :)

Forum Forums Discussion New to FFXIV & Miqo :)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  iifetap 4 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BlackUnicorn
    BlackUnicorn
    Participant

Hi all,

I hope this isn’t too lengthy. I have done a ton of research and reading here(as well as other bot). I am a FFXI Online veteran of 10+ years that has recently started 14. I enjoy the game so far, although it functions quite different when it comes to EXP and ways to level up, that could also just be my unfamiliarity with 14 and the fact I am still learning 😀

In ffxi I would use a simple bot to farm exp and level up jobs, you’d set a path, tell it to engage aggro and certain mob names, use weaponskills etc…I have gathered that single mob farming is not the way to go in 14, and not particularly supported by Miqo. I was reading up on different bots to choose one to help with the grind of leveling up jobs, Miqo seems like the best option for me. P.S. Love the layout of website and how friendly everyone seems, almost like a family…(other bot doesn’t seem this way).

I was hoping for a little direction from veteran 14 players with starting my journey on assisted exp – and later on possible disciples of hand and land… I have been reading a lot and it seems these Grand Companies and the NPC fellows you can party with are the way to get exp? I was also doing the dungeon with the different floors, but queuing up takes quite a while…I think I am looking for a helpful outline of Lv.1 grind this – Lv.X grind that(you get the idea) & how Miqo assists with this in tandem 😉

I appreciate any feedback & guidance! I apologize if this has been answered in length somewhere(I got wrapped up in 9 pages of some RMT asking you guys a zillion questions quite a while back, was hilarious to read thru it all)

Thank you,

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    2+

What is your current level? Because the way XIV is built, is that you have to go through the Main Story Quest to unlock every features of the game, and during that, the game will offer you the entirety of EXP for one class/job, it is accurately built so that you don’t have to worry about EXP for your first job, from level 1 to level 80, from A Realm Reborn (2.0) to Shadowbringer (5.0), doing all Main Story Quest as well as most side quest will reward you exactly all the EXP.

This means that first, you should enjoy going through all the 10 years of the game, well 7 years of the game since it doesn’t include 1.0 any more, and then when you’re at the endgame with one job at max level and everything else unlocked, you can start to EXP the other ones using Miqobot, you will have by then unlocked features and bonuses that will help in the process, such as +50% EXP because you have one job at max level, etc.

Then, with Miqobot (because there’s really tons of different way to EXP, it was in fact meant to combine them all and break the monotony), with Miqobot you can use the Grand Company Squadrons from level 20 to 71, then the new Trust system from 71 to 80, this is all automated.

And/or you can use the combat assist features of Miqobot to let her do the “rotations” while you take care of the rest (moving, mechanics, etc.), that way if you wan to EXP faster you can do daily roulettes with her, Deep Dungeon, Beast Tribe, etc. most of the things that includes daily EXP bonuses (PvP excluded).

So it depends where you are right now, and what you like to do.
    If you’re at the very beginning, then get to endgame, you can use Miqobot DPS assist feature along the way if you want, or do it yourself, it’s up to you.
    It’s not advised at all to level up Disciple of War and Discipline of Magic jobs all at the same time when you’re not yet at endgame.
    You need one Discipline of War or Magic at level 80, then you can take care of the other ones.

As for Discipline of Hand and Land jobs, it is advised also to wait to reach endgame before starting them, and then it is advised to level up them all synchronised, from 1 to 80, because their synergy will help you in the process (every craft need sub-craft from other jobs, and mats from all gatherer, etc.) so leveling them up synchronised make complete sense.

BlackUnicorn
    BlackUnicorn
    Participant

Appreciate the response. I think for now I will get Miqobot and use the job assist function until I get a better handle on the game.

Also I am 71 Summoner, not quite thru Shadowbringers MSQ because lvl locked until I lvl to 72!

iifetap
    Participant

Also I am 71 Summoner, not quite thru Shadowbringers MSQ because lvl locked until I lvl to 72!

Holminster Switch is your best friend then. Run it overnight and wake up level 76+

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.