New to FF14 and Miqo

Forum Forums Discussion New to FF14 and Miqo

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

lushice
    Participant

Hey guys, I’m new to FF14 and I just bought the Tales of Adventure Heavensward to skip through the MSQs so I can try to catch up and play with my friends (Yes I know the game is very story driven. I am currently watching the lore and cutscenes on Youtube so I’m not really missing out). I have a few questions.

1. Is there a function to level up combat classes? I am currently level 38 and would like to hit 60 ASAP. Is there anything that allows Fate farming or roulette farming?

2. All my gathering and crafting is at level 1. Should I use Miqo to work on that? If so, how should I go about it?

3. Is there any features that I should really take advantage of to try to catch up? Since I’m new to the game, I don’t really know what I should be doing and such.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for being such a nub.

Arc
    Arc
    1+

Is there a function to level up combat classes? I am currently level 38 and would like to hit 60 ASAP.

Yes. You should level up your Grand Company rank so you have a squadron and from there on you can level every combat job with that. There are even Miqo scenarios for that.

Is there anything that allows Fate farming or roulette farming?

Nope.

All my gathering and crafting is at level 1. Should I use Miqo to work on that? If so, how should I go about it?

Yes you should.
    For gatherers, just look at your gathering log and see, which is the highest level item you can gather. Let Miqo gather that until you’re 5 levels higher, then switch to the next highest item.
    For crafting, try to let Miqo craft every single recipe in the crafting log once (in the end you will be happy, because it awards you with a shiny, glowing tool that has very good stats) or else, do the same as what I explained for gathering.

Aside from that, there are a few scenarios in the Grids & Presets section, made for leveling up certain gatherers from level 52-60 or 61-70.

Is there any features that I should really take advantage of to try to catch up? Since I’m new to the game, I don’t really know what I should be doing and such.

In my opinion the best advice one could give you is:
    Play the game. Just play it. And focus on the Main Scenario Questline. If you ever feel, like you’re hitting a wall of grind, look at the Miqobot and check, if it has a solution for that 🙂

lushice
    Participant

Oh thank you so much! Forgot to check back. So I recently hit level 60 on botanist, and I was curious, what can I do to make the most money right now?

miqoai52
    Participant

The market is picking up a crazy amount since yesterday because of the new expansion. I was making 1-2mil a day selling whatever, twincoon, ores and sands (cobalt mythril koppranickel mythrite etc), but I recently switched to farming crystals from ephemeral nodes with 3/8 rotation (all in the grid/scenario forum). I’ve been making 8m a day or so from that. You have to be 70 though so get leveled up. Also the bot will break tomorrow because of new patch and probably be down a couple weeks so stock up on what you need, crystals too probably.

lushice
    Participant

Damn, I’m stuck to 60 until expac comes out. Is there anything I should try to gather before servers go down?

Arc
    Arc

but I recently switched to farming crystals from ephemeral nodes with 3/8 rotation (all in the grid/scenario forum). I’ve been making 8m a day or so from that.

Pretty much this. 2 weeks ago I went from server to server, bought a crapton of crystals, shards and clusters for 3 million gil. Yesterday I’ve put about 1/8th of the Shards/Clusters I’ve bought on the MB and even though only 2 retainers sold half their inventory I’ve made my 3 million back again and when ShB drops I imagine making several millions as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.