New idea for 1st and 2nd tug

Forum Forums Discussion New idea for 1st and 2nd tug

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 3 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

fisher187
    Participant

Hey Miqo!

When I was completing my big fish collection I came up with the idea which would make some of the fish easier / faster to catch. So instead of just having ONE tug ignore selection we can have TWO – and pick the “tug ignore order” 🙂

Here’s how it could look:

tug selection

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Would you please clarify your request, what exactly do 1st and 2nd bites refer to?
    Do you mean sequential bites during a mooch chain or is this a simple alternating pattern within a fish session?

Could you give us an example of fish that requires this adjustment?

SirVG
    SirVG
    Participant
    1+

I could imagine that being useful for mooching, since a number of mooched fish use different tugs.

Like, for instance, catching Madam Butterfly. It requires first catching a a Hedgemole Cricket, a ! tug. You then mooch that to catch the Madam Butterfly, a !!! tug. So on the first bite, I would want to ignore !! and !!! tugs, and on the second bite, ignore ! and !! tugs.

https://ffxivteamcraft.com/db/en/fishing-spot/126/Quickspill-Delta

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

In this case, this feature is already implemented.
    Please take a look at the scenario function addFishMoochPreset(). It was designed specifically for handling mooched fish and supports mooch chains of arbitrary size, including 3 or more bites.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.