navigation grids, how it can get you banned

Forum Forums Discussion navigation grids, how it can get you banned

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    remnar
    remnar
    Participant

I noticed that miqobot stops then turns. You might as well hold a sign “I am a bot!”. I am going through some of the navigation grids and trying to eliminate any sharp angles, and go the way I usually travel manually. Also trying to edit these things makes me look suspicious as well. It’d be nice to have the option to click and grab a line and move it without having to move my character so much.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

You really worry way too much.

My advice, always make your own grid, not even editing the ones others did, but make all yours from scratch, that way you’ll never end up overlapping with someone else, and you can make them look natural.

But really, making a grid doesn’t make anyone suspicious, come on, people don’t even know about grids, and the game is full of people messing around, jumping, pausing to talk, etc.
    The way the editor works is good, making a grid takes less then 10 min, there’s no point building an over-complicated 3D manual system that would only lead you to place points inside polygons by accident, etc.

And Miqobot said one day they will improve the travelling through points, to make them more fluid.

remnar
    remnar
    Participant

Thanks for your input. I was going to suggest that Miqobot should eventually learn to calculate a bezier curve on angles <= some threshold the user can set, so your movement through the points is none stop and fluid.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, the system you describe is already implemented for battle navigation.
    After the core battle system is stabilized, it will be adapted for common navigation as well.

Thank you for your request very much!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.