My Combat Assist Strategies/Thoughts

Forum Forums Discussion My Combat Assist Strategies/Thoughts

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Dodger 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

besaidknight
    Participant

These are just my experiences using Miqo’s Combat Assist for a while with different classes:

From what I can tell: Miqo will work well with ANY ranged character. Black Mages, Summoners, Red Mages, Bards, dancers, and Machinists perform well, up to 70. Bard and Dancer still shine at level 80, despite not having their full skill sets, Machinist is a little behind them, but under NO circumstance can Miqo outperform a Decent player using the same job who can use their 80 skills.
    With an 80 BLM with 466 ilvl miqo can just barely belt out 14k dps, which is about as good as a decent monk.

Samurai and Monk perform well, but you should disable “Positionals” in the combat A.I. for certain fights (Dun Scaith, Leviathan) or go running off a cliff and stressing your healers.

Healers perform extremely well, except the Astro whom you’ve got to manage the cards and fighting the interface to USE those cards will not be fun (On the Plus Side, Miqo will NEVER Run out of MP using an Astro, so it’s extremely efficient).
    A tip for healers might be to keep Rescue on one of your hot key buttons you can reach, and leave all your fluff spells on Hot Bar 10 and let Miqo fish for them.

Now for the Tanks… Miqo does a great job of grabbing and controlling mobs, but she’s got difficulty getting good damage out. It might be just my tanks (pld/drk/gnb all 80 with 460 ilvl), but I’m pretty sure miqo isn’t using her 80 skills, which means when using a pally get ready to REALLY fight the controls to use spells. Gunbreaker feels really good, it just needs to tighten up it’s rotation for crazy damage, I’m assuming Warrior will feel the same way.

Specific Job inputs with Miqo:

Pally : You’re gonna fight your rotation to use your strongest abilities. This will be remedied when 80 skills are incorporated.

Dancer : She chooses a partner for you and such, but Dancers have to communicate with their DPS… Maybe if there were an option for Dancer to ONLY lay down the basic step for players that forget?

Black Mage : The Rotation is surprisingly good! I’d suggest removing Foul and manually activating Xenoglossy in it’s place. Do NOT try to use the 80 skills! You will confuse Miqo and slow her down, the only two spells you should actively use when steering the Black Mage is Xenoglossy and Aethereal Manipulation (really, these should be buttons one and two, A.M. will SAVE YOUR LIFE!!!) No Despair! No Umbral Soul!!! Best time to pop a potion is during your Blizzard spells (They’re the only one’s with a gap in the cast so you can actually pop an item without slowing down).
    I’d love an option where the Black Mage just uses Transpose whenever you forget to…

Machinist/Bard : Very Solid! As long as you’re not obsessed with being the very best like no one ever was, Miqo does GREAT at these jobs. Even with a lack of 80 abilities, I’m sure miqo outperforms the average casual player. You will make a mistake with positioning before Miqo makes a mistake with this rotation.

Samurai/Monk/Dragoon : Another Very Solid Choice, the trick is to Trust Miqo and not interfere with it’s rotation (You’re not going to beat the best, but the best won’t be pointing and laughing at you). She won’t range find for you, so you’ve got to cover the ground yourself and stick with the opponent, but she auto-positions which could be a good and a bad thing (She won’t take into account any AoE Markers or falling to your death, so choose “Positionals” at your own risk). Yes, Miqo has back-flipped me into a pit more than a few times, and walked off an edge several times.

Grand Company Squad Missions : These are Great. Slow, but Great! Can’t wait for the Trust Version to Arrive.

Aside from the obvious, the only thing I can think of to improve the A.I. combat might be to allow minor tweaks and move substitutions, but I’m not a programmer and have no idea how hard such changes are.
    The Combat Assist works VERY well for what it does: It’ll Assist you, sometimes a bit too aggressively, overtimes not efficiently enough, but if you got Miqo for more than just crafting (I got this thing for the Crafting, the combat assist was just a pleasant bonus) then Miqo will take care of you.

Anyone with odd tips to help with Combat Assist, Please Let Us Know! I know I’m probably only using half of what Miqo can actually do.

Note: I do NOT have a Blue Mage, Ninja, Warrior, Summoner, or Scholar. I have no info on them.

aeva
    aeva
    Participant

Regarding Summoner

It works until you hit 72 and get Firebird Trance. Then the rotation completely breaks after Bahamut phase, causing Miqo to only maintain DoTs/spam Ruin/use Aetherflow skills. This severely hurts DPS unless you turn off assist and do the Firebird phase manually.

graine
    Participant

Ninja is passable for normal dungeons, but endgame raiding it’s definitely not even close to performing well. With that said, she’s really good at making sure she keeps up on buffs and debuffs, which is one of my biggest downfalls.

Summoner is much the same, and like aeva said, she simply doesn’t know what to do with FBT. It’s a shame, because its the most mobile phase of our kit and I feel like she would shine with it.

Warrior is pretty much like every tank, it can grab and keep aggro but it isn’t effective at DPS or buff management. It’s okay for dungeons though.

Scholar isn’t great, but her DPS rotation is about as perfect as it can get. She prioritizes keeping stacks for Energy Drain and tends to cast a lot of non-instant heals unless it’s an emergency. She also doesn’t have the best logic regarding Indom, and she’ll never use Recitation, Soil, or any fairy skills. She’s fine for lower level dungeons of course, but she still doesn’t use fairy skills. Luckily those are pretty easy to weave in, so it’s not too much of a deal, but this is definitely a job I would use manually.

BLU support is minimal. It used to perform one specific combo and that was it, but I’m not sure about its current state to be honest.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    2+

Fairy skills work great on SCH. Especially Fey Union ive never realized how op it is until Miqo showed me. I also remove Physick from hotbar and healing gets surprisingly good.

Waldojr
    Waldojr
    Participant
    1+

I am SMN main and as soon as Bahamut is done, I manually use firebird trance and for the 30 seconds it is up I will manually use the skills associated with firebird trance, once the skills are done I let Miqo take over. One thing I have noticed is Miqo will not use ruinn4 when it is up, and you have to manually use that too. You can override Miqo without turning it off by spamming the skill you want to use. I am always damage leader by a good margin, I was before I started using Miqo too, so I knew what skills to manually use and when to override Miqo.

On SCH, Miqo is not the best healer, and I often have to manually hit certain skills in an emergency, especially aoe heal skills.

cowboybebop
    Participant

I’ve had amazing success with my SCH, but I mostly do dungeons and roulette trials, nothing serious. Interesting tip about Physick, will try that!

mundays
    Participant

Any idea on how black mages perform with Miqo?

besaidknight
    Participant

My lvl 80 / 466 item level BLM will barely do better than 14k dps. @mundays ^_^

aeva
    aeva
    Participant
    2+

Having had some time to play again, SMN works beautifully after the update. Firebird Trance works and I’ve encountered zero issues in playing up to level 74 where I am now. Of course, ignoring the occasionally times where Miqo will pop Trance/Bahamut right as the last trash mob dies.

SAM also works quite well, though I have run into issues with letting the Holminster trust run on it’s own. Occasionally Miqo will run towards the last boss during Pendulum and eat a powerful AoE instead of waiting at the edge of the arena after the first jump.

Dodger
    Participant

I think the MCH works great. I recently parsed an run of E6 and the result would have placed me into the top 200 of documented runs. IT’s burst DPS at the start of a fight is strong enough, that I have ripped hate off of the tank. There are a few skills that still need to be implemented that could improve it, Tactician is the only one I usually have to manually trigger which I though was already implemented since it is a level 56 skill.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.