Most Profitable Crafting Class?

Forum Forums Discussion Most Profitable Crafting Class?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

lushice
    Participant

Hey guys, just curious, what is the most profitable crafting class? I want to start on crafting cause I’m basically level 60 on both gathering classes. I want to start making money in hopes of buying a house sometime and glamours lol.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator
    1+

If there was ever something “the most profitable”, everyone would start to train it, and it would become the least profitable in no time.

Kaplan
    Kaplan
    Participant
    1+

Crafting in this game works best if you level all your classes, as both skills and mats can be used for one class and the others. As for what is profitable, it depends on your server/market, the type of current content, and a lot of other factors: you have to keep a close eye to the market board to know!

lushice
    Participant

If there was ever something “the most profitable”, everyone would start to train it, and it would become the least profitable in no time.

This is very true lol

Crafting in this game works best if you level all your classes, as both skills and mats can be used for one class and the others. As for what is profitable, it depends on your server/market, the type of current content, and a lot of other factors: you have to keep a close eye to the market board to know!

Hmm fair enough, I’m gonna start looking to see what I should work on based on the market board then

Arc
    Arc

Hmm fair enough, I’m gonna start looking to see what I should work on based on the market board then

Just to give you a few pointers:

1. Currently most people that do crafting at all, are currently leveling their crafters and unlike me, who already had all crafters maxed after 2 days into early access, most people usually take a few weeks to get all their crafters from 70 to 80 (which is what I’m observing in my FC as well).
    Because of this, crafting materials currently sell at outrageous prices. Items like Dwarven Mythrite Nuggets and Dwarven Mythrite Ingots sell in the 18-30k range per piece (which will eventually cost around 2-4k in a couple of weeks). Dwarven Cotton is selling in the 70-100k range per piece (which will sell for around 10-15k in a couple of weeks).
    So right now, crafting materials is the way to go to make profit.

2. Next week or in 2 weeks (I’m not sure), the new raid will be released in normal mode. With that, people will start to get their hands on new materia. In 3-4 weeks the new savage will release, propably along with new DoW/DoM crafted gear again. When that happens, Materia and the new gear will become the new thing people will become crazy about and rip it out of your hands, because enough people want to pentameld their crafted gear for savage raiding.

3. Once that hype is over and a few weeks have passed, people will start to get used to the new savage raid and try to compete on fflogs, who has the best raiding performance and for this, people will need buff food and especially buff pots. Then those will sell like hot cakes, most likely somewhere in the 30-80k range per pot.

Just my predictions.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

2. Next week or in 2 weeks (I’m not sure), the new raid will be released in normal mode. With that, people will start to get their hands on new materia.

Materia or demimateria? I doubt we get any “more new” materia other than VII and VIII (which is released already); also, from what I gather, people don’t believe we are getting new demimateria anytime soon.

On the other hand, demimateria III prices are dropped quite low shortly after Miqo was updated… I wonder if people think it becomes next to useless soon because of new demimateria?

Arc
    Arc
    1+

Materia. Not Demimateria. I’m talking most specifically about Savage Aim Materia VII and VIII (Critical Hit) and Heaven’s Eye Materia VII and VIII (Direct Hit), which is already obtainable.
    People will go nuts about these, especially the VII ones, because a large quantity of rich savage raiders will try to pentameld crafted gear with those (since you can’t pentameld VIII ones), before they attempt savage raids, which in turn results in the price for grade 7 crit and direct hit materia rising in price from roughly 5-10k up to 30-50k most likely, if not, even higher.

also, from what I gather, people don’t believe we are getting new demimateria anytime soon.

I don’t think so, either. We didn’t get any new demimateria since A Realm Reborn (aside from Kingcraft Demimateria, which is just for crafter gear and was kinda random to be implemented)

On the other hand, demimateria III prices are dropped quite low shortly after Miqo was updated… I wonder if people think it becomes next to useless soon because of new demimateria?

I think most people just already crafted their new weapons and glamour items.

What is really frustrating is, that this time Square Enix went full lazy ass and didn’t implement any of the primal weapons and almost none of the raid weapons for Gunbreaker and Dancer. It makes me really mad.
    When Stormblood was released, they implemented Ifrit, Garuda, Titan, Moogle King, Leviathan, Shiva, Ramuh, Bahamut, Ravana, Bismarck, Thordan, Nidhogg, Sephirot, Sophia, Zurvan, Alex Gordias, Alex Midas and Alex Creator weapons for both Samurai and Red Mage and there were Susano, Shinryu, Tsukuyomi, Byakko, Suzaku, Seiryuu, Genji, Diamond and Omega weapons released afterwards.
    Now when Shadowbringers was released, the only weapons of that pallette of shiny glamour weapons that were released for GNB and DNC were the Omega weapons and THAT’S IT. It drives me crazy how fucking lazy the Devs beecame with that. I hoarded tons of primal mats just for the purpose of crafting these weapons for my FC, for me and for making gil as a third option and Square shows us the middle finger saying “Nah, that’s too many weapons for the new jobs, so you will only get 1 shiny weapon now.”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.