More elaborate crafting

Forum Forums Discussion More elaborate crafting

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

GreyBeard1970
    Participant

Something I would love to see, but technically may not be possible/wanted.

With the ffxivcrafting website and the ffxivmb website, Miqo could utilize this data to make an awesome addition for automated crafting.

ffxivcrafting to show what components are needed to craft an item and ffxivmb to know who has these components so they can be automatically retrieved.

Also, ffxivmb has market trends and Miqo could allow the end user to say, craft something that is selling at a 25% increase over market value.

I know that 1) this may not be technically possible if there is no API to retrieve this information and 2) the increase in traffic to these APIs may bring unwanted attention.

Still wanted to throw this out there though.

Thanks

Nott
    Participant

I can’t say how feasible any of it is but this does sound like it could be a useful service.

I don’t think it needs to be fully done at our level though. It could just run from their end and let the bot query their servers, which hits the websites as needed (likely through a proxy). This would insulate everyone and allow them to collect the data over time, hopefully leading to their own local database?

It’s a little more complex but leads to a longterm solution as the sites themselves could disappear at any time.

Edit: The bit about “knowing who has the items”…Traveling to NPCs and making purchases would probably be harder to do, but being able to search and retrieve from retainers should be doable and arguably more useful.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by  Nott.

GreyBeard1970
    Participant

Yeah, long term I could see that this would be possible without having to interface with any third party service.
    I don’t know how the marketboard service works, but it seems that they can access my inventory in a non-intrusive way. So I assume this is data that is accessible by a third party.

And as you said, the crafting information could eventually be stored in their database or our own small footprint client side database Possibly populated as we open up our crafting menu and select an item and the recipe tree is built over time (and possibly pushed out to other clients).
    ffxivcrafting may have some call that returns the whole recipe JSON

This may be something that Miqo and the team are totally against doing, but I enjoy spitballing these types of technical issues.

Nott
    Participant

I don’t know anything about the MB thing but, likely, bots are collecting snapshots of item purchase histories and items currently for sale on the MB. To do this on every server, it’s no simple task, so probably not something Miqo will look to replace anytime soon (if ever).

As for accessing inventories, it can be done by looking through the files in your character data folder.

As for the recipes, yeah, they are simple. Storing that information client side could be beneficial but I think developing the database should be a thing. Simply using the crafting log won’t do as you don’t initially have all the recipes. Would be good if the bot could tell you what you’re missing, ingredients and books wise.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, market board and knowledge base integration is something we consider working on in the future.

At the moment our main priority is implementing unique and useful features which remove the tedious grind from the game. The tools you ask about are already available on the web for free, so we think that doing the same work twice would not really benefit the game community.

But after the development of core features is complete, we will continue to improve Miqobot by introducing additional tools.
    Thank you for your request!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.