Mooching Fish Question(/possible suggestion)

Forum Forums Discussion Mooching Fish Question(/possible suggestion)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    blahblahblah
    blahblahblah
    Participant

I’ve been doing a lot of fishing recently (trying to catch every big fish in the game) and I’ve noticed a few times that when I was fishing in a small window that I could get 2 or three different moochable fish. But only one of those fish would get me the big fish i was hunting. So, I was wondering is there a way (and I’m blind) or would it be possible to implement a way to tell Miqobot to only mooch a certain fish?

Since Miqobot knows what fish we catch. Could there be someway to have a option to enter the fish name and tick a “only mooch [manually enter fish name here]” box.

It’s not something I really noticed or tought about until now when fishing for fish with small mooch windows, like the Wootz Knfiefish Zenith. Since you can get goldfish and silverfish that mooch but you only want to mooch the silverfish.

mqdrem
    Participant

A lot of the more complicated fishing things have to be handled in the scenario box, which is kind of a pain sometimes haha. I actually just did this fish, so I can just show u what I went with

fishPreset(double mooch) << I have a preset in the fishing tab that is double mooch, just makes sure I’m always mooching
    moochBlacklist(Goldfish) << this says DON”T mooch the goldfish.. I’m not sure if there is another way to say mooch only silver fish.
    afkUntil(8:52) << I set up times for when I could fish but this didn’t work, because if you afk near a fishing hole, the fish ‘sense something is amiss’
    fish(15) << this says fish for 15 minutes, I don’t know how to check how long the fishing windows will be so I just do generic 15 minutes.
    teleport(Estate Hall, 2) << this tells it to teleport to my house after

blahblahblah
    blahblahblah
    Participant

I’m not experienced with scenarios. But with how that looks, when you have fishpreset, that should take the preset in the fishing tab and I would have to change nothing?(as in it would still use cordials, the right hookset, sit, stealth, all teh settigns in that preset, etc) The only thing I would need to add would be the blacklist for mooch?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Yes, Mooch Blacklist feature is currently available via scenario function and can be used as a standalone setting.
    The most basic example would be the following scenario:

moochBlacklist(Goldfish)
    fish()
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.