Miqo's Minimap Guidance Potential?

Forum Forums Discussion Miqo's Minimap Guidance Potential?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Fzun
    Participant

Hey all, I’m relatively new here and slowly working the diadem atm and was wondering if there’s a way to make Miqo “see” the minimap?

In theory, one could use Arbor’s Call to find the next closest node, see its position around a north-locked minimap, turn the player to match the direction, and see if the icon has the up or down arrow without the need for grids or any complex navigation..

I’m sure if it were possible, it would have been done already. It seems to simple to not have been thought of.. Unless its complex math in matching angles of a circle or something, but that shouldn’t be worse than mapping out a node grid, right?

I’m sure the data from the 3D Radar could almost be directly used to align with the result from Arbor Call, making this thought even easier…

Has this been done, and if not; is there anything keeping it from working? There has to be something I’m missing.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

is there anything keeping it from working?

Terrain is.

What you describe works perfectly in an empty world with no obstacles. But when you add rocks, trees, caves, and flying islands, you have to tell the bot how to navigate around them. Hence you create a navigation grid.

Fzun
    Participant

I’m sorry, I should have made the question more specific. Terrain and floating islands are certainly going to eliminate the beeline approach described, but that should be solvable with more math.

The more thorough question(s):

Are the scripting capabilities available through Miqo to “see” the map icon location, decipher which icon it is (Above, at level, below), and capable of calculating the mathematics that would be required?

Where can I find scripting info to tinker with implementing my own logic flows?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Ah i see what you mean. No, map data is not available in scripting. Miqo scenarios only follow basic commands and are mostly streamlined. There are no conditionals or loops.

You can click the ? button under scenarios to see the list of functions and their descriptions. And thats it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.