Miqobot vanished right in front of my eyes

Forum Forums Discussion Miqobot vanished right in front of my eyes

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Vixen Vixen 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

usa-chan
    Participant

Have had an issue in the last 5rs where the newest version of the bot was just removed from use. I was actually using it when it closed itself and vanished from my PC, like *poof* magic. If that wasn’t confusing enough, you cant download the new version of the bot without it being flagged as a virus, I know this is the norm but it didn’t happen to me the first time i downloaded it on release. I have permissions for it done in my virus protection and I am now completely confused why this happened and how. I have the previous version still and that works fine.
    Anyone have a clue?

If I figure out what happened on my end i’ll update.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, such cases always happen with every new version release.
    This is why there is a reminder in the main status thread:

A reminder about antiviruses.

Since this is a new version of Miqobot, it may be flagged by your antivirus as False Positive because its signatute is not yet known. As it is stated in our FAQ section, Miqobot is not a virus but antiviruses are usually trained to sic at anything that tries to interact with other programs. Miqobot will make no attempt to fight your antivirus.

Please remember to whitelist your Miqobot application after download. Thank you!

Even if you did not experience this problem before, it doesn’t mean that you never will.
    It happened because the antivirus received an update which introduced a new false positive bug.
    We highly recommend to report this behavior to your antivirus vendor.

usa-chan
    Participant

Oh? so it can happen like that as well. 😀 thank you!

Moogie
    Participant
    2+

Chiming in on this. I work as a system admin so wanted to put this up.

Win10 applied a new update to how its built in antivirus works, and its going to hard flag and auto quarantine Miqobot until you exempt it. Prior to now it would simply warn you but this new update just flat out quarantines the program regards of if you say its ok or not, so you will need to either restore it via the protection history for WIN10 security or redownload it after you flag it.

Microsoft is trying to make their built in system more aggressive and this will prolly happen more in the future.

jponry
    jponry
    Participant

How can I exempt it? Windows security “Virus & threat protection” settings won’t allow me to exempt miqobot because when I try to give it the file to exempt it says it’s a virus

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Lukaribro
    Participant

I’ve had my windows 10 remove it 3 times over the past 3 days, despite granting it exemption status.
    My Windows 7 machine removed it once, although since it’s not supposed to be removing things as easily as windows 10 does, was much more of a shock.

So far I’m glad it hasn’t happened while I’ve had scripts running, because that would be a major major headache. And Windowss 10 only easily allows you to temporarily turn off the active file protection before it turns itself back on. JFC Microsoft, stop treating us all like idiots. This windows 10 machine’s sole purpose is to run Miqobot and you’re making it difficult to do it’s one damn job.

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

If you’re willing to dig around in your system registry, you can track down the group policy flag to disable windefender. Also, it should auto-disable itself if you install another antivirus; I know my system did.

I managed to find a bunch of subkeys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Defender that looked relevant, and each key had a value named RegKeyPathRedirect and one named RegValueNameRedirect. By going to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Policy Manager (the value of RegKeyPathRedirect) and setting a value with a name taken from RegValueNameRedirect to 0, I got windefender to stop doing things. Specifically, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Defender\AllowRealtimeMonitoring has the value RegValueNameRedirect set to AllowRealtimeMonitoring, so I set AllowRealtimeMonitoring to 0 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Policy Manager, which I took from the value of RegKeyPathRedirect. After a reboot, windefender stopped trying to scan my system.

Disclaimer: if you don’t know what you’re doing, don’t touch your registry. You might break some very important things. Also don’t run with no AV because that’ll fuck your system right up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.