Miqobot, Thank you

Forum Forums Discussion Miqobot, Thank you

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Lukaribro 2 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

NepNep
    Participant
    18+

Miqobot, thank you, I am in awe that you continue to work on this project given the circumstances you must be facing on a daily basis for what has been months now.

Your tool, provided me with a way to enjoy this game after my hands started to fail me. The last few weeks have felt so odd not seeing the Miqobot girl on my screen, and I eagerly await her return, but always, take care of your self first. We all are undeserving of the work you have done during these times.

I don’t know what else to say here, I just needed to say something, anything, even if it feels inadequate to express my gratitude and admiration to your spirit and wish you all the best in your future to come.

ShayaZ
    Participant
    6+

I agree. I want them to stay safe. as with grandparents who immigrated from Ukraine to Canada. I know it doesn’t affect me personally but thank you for everything Miqobot and I wish you to stay safe. Thank you Miqobot and team for this amazing service.

quetz
    Participant
    7+

MiqoBot is alive! Thankyou Miqo for updating in such a hostile environment, both IRL and online. Your work is appreciated and we look forward to further developments.

Can’t wait to jump back in after getting home from work

airhead151
    Participant
    7+

I would like to also thank the team for continuing work while in the uncertainty of there situation. i only just recently learned about the developers place of residence being in Ukraine, much love continue to be a safe as possible

Naiya
    Naiya
    Participant
    7+

MIQO IS BACK!! *dance dance* Miqo is back!!

yes I’m thrilled and yes, I still want yall to take care of yourself and be safe. unlike others, I don’t need the bot to play, but I love it nonetheless.

Thank you. for everything. Your patience, understanding, drive, dedication.

I do appreciate what you’ve done and if I’ve added to the stress in any way, 1000 apologies. I will work to be better and not repeat those mistakes.

Caua-janini
    Participant

when i try to download the file contains virus

NepNep
    Participant
    3+

when i try to download the file contains virus

This is normal, the file isnt signed by microsoft and contains .dll, trust me, its no virus.

Caua-janini
    Participant

I know there won’t be a virus but my windows won’t let me download

NepNep
    Participant

Then you need to disable the firewall. Thats in the windows settings. Nothing else we can do.

YoToDoShi
    Participant

Please don’t disable your firewall. Google how to make firewall exceptions and do it for Miqo

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster
    3+

^^

A reminder about antiviruses.

Since this is a new version of Miqobot, it may be flagged by your antivirus as False Positive because its signatute is not yet known. As it is stated in our FAQ section, Miqobot is not a virus but antiviruses are usually trained to sic at anything that tries to interact with other programs. Miqobot will make no attempt to fight your antivirus.

Please remember to whitelist your Miqobot application after download. Thank you!

Lukaribro
    Participant
    2+

God no, please don’t disable your firewall, that won’t help and will only hurt.

If your security is default, you’re probably running into issues even getting to the point where you can even whitelist the Miqo client. There’s two things you must do:

1. Make sure you download the .exe file to a folder that has been whitelisted by Windows Defender. By default, downloaded files to to the browser’s default Downloads folder. While you could just whitelist that and be done with this step, I wouldn’t recommend it as it would leave you open to actual threats in the future. So instead, create a folder for Miqobot to use for now and in the future, and add that folder to the exceptions in Windows Defender. This will stop the (almost instant) automatic deletion of the program upon download. From there, you can…

2. When you try to run it the first time, Windows will still complain and stop the launch. It’ll show a big, often poorly sized window that tells you that it stopped the program from running because it’s potentially dangerous. Scroll right (if it’s overly sized like mine always is) and select “Run Anyway” and it should then let you launch it without issue in the future. You’ll have to do this step every few months when Miqobot gets a new client with new major FFXIV patches.

And optionally 3. Right click the program, select properties, go to the compatibility tab, and check “Run as Administrator” so it doesn’t bug you about that every time.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.