Miqobot Fishing Assist (Using ACT+Triggernometry)

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Miqobot Fishing Assist (Using ACT+Triggernometry)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  rintoku 6 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DevOps
    DevOps
    Participant
    3+

Hello Everyone!

FOREWORD: As a native English speaker I find that my grammar and usage is sub-par so proceed only if you are not OCD about proper grammar 😀 <3!

TL;DR download the XML, import into Triggernometry, Move Veteran Trade to a hotbar space bound to the ‘9’ key. Start Miqobot with a grid that gathers snow crabs(Dawnlight Aethersand farming) and ENJOY!… If you neeed to customize I hope you don’t mind dealing with my terrible documentation below!

While waiting for our cat overlord Miqobot to bestow upon us the ability to use Veteran Trade for spearfishing I got to thinking of other ways to accomplish this.

After some time I decided that most options were to time consuming considering Miqo could drop this update any point in time with this feature included and did not want to invest excessive time into something that was only meant to be temporary.

That said after doing some Triggernometry(ACT Plugin) work for myself to use during raid, I felt I had enough working knowledge to make this happen without much work.

Requirements

• ACT(Advanced Combat Tracker)
    • FFXIV ACT Plugin
    • FFXIV Triggernometry Plugin
    • My Triggernometry Import

Once you have ACT, FFXIV Parsing plugin, FFXIV Triggernometry all installed and working properly you can then import the attached .xml file which will provide you with a folder named FSH and all sub-directories/triggers required for the task.

Basic Functions

• Entire FSH Folder, locked down to only run/process when on Fisher
    • Will only use Veteran Trade if a “bad” fish appears within the first 2 gathering attempts
    • Currently setup for Dawnlight Aethersand and as such will only Veteran Trade on Regal Silverside and Black Boxfish (This can be updated see further below)

Setup

• Look for a trigger entry under FSH>sys>skills>USE_VETERAN_TRADE and double click on it
    • Inside of the trigger you will see trigger action of “After (2500) ms, send keypresses (9) to active window, Double click on this entry
    • On the screen that appears you can choose to change the delay and what key it sends(it should be apparent once on this screen(Make sure you press save changes if any are made) — As a side note I was unable to get Triggernometry to send anything other than single keys so if someone gets ALT+OTHERKEY to work, Let me know 😀
    • If not already obvious, you want to set the keypress to wherever Veteran Trade is on

Currently the following is included in this import…(File Structure (kinda))

FSH [Folder]
        spear_fishing [Folder]
            triggers [Folder]
                Dawnlight Aethersand (The Adventure) :: Veteran Trade [Trigger]
        sys [Folder]
            counters [Folder]
                ADD_TO_SPEAR_FISHING_COUNT [Variable Operation Trigger]
                INIT_SPEAR_FISHING_COUNT [Variable Operation Trigger]
            flags [Folder]
                VETERAN_TRADE_FLAG [Variable Operation Trigger]
            resets [Folder]
                RESET_SPEAR_FISHING [Variable Operation Trigger]
            skills [Folder]
                USE_VETERAN_TRADE [Key Press Trigger]

Currently this setup is used for Dawnlight Aethersand farming using snow crabs. This can be added too or changed with some REALLY basic regex knowledge. To do so make a copy of the “Dawnlight Aethersand (The Adventure) :: Veteran Trade” from the triggers folder and then just change the regex to match the fish you wish to use Veterans trade on.

Anywho once it is setup you simply start miqobot with a proper grid loaded and make sure that your screen is the target window(this is because the trigger sends the key press to the active window).

Forums blocked the direct file upload. Instead you can download it from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/jmyddj4wig37tkp/MiqoSpearFishingAssist.xml?dl=0

• This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by DevOps DevOps. Reason: Added Basic Functions and Dropbox link as forums blocked direct upload
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by DevOps DevOps.
    Gabriel
    Gabriel
    Participant

This is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing

rintoku
    Participant

support JP?

and sry my english is bad…:(

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by  rintoku.
    DevOps
    DevOps
    Participant

support JP?

and sry my english is bad…:(

You could; However the following changes would need to be made to accomplish this.

On the Dawnlight Aethersand (The Adventure) :: Veteran Trade Trigger you would need to change the fish names in the following regex to JP equivalent.

You spear a .+(<strong>regal silverside</strong><strong>|black boxfish</strong>)

Next ADD_TO_SPEAR_FISHING_COUNT would need to have the You use Gig changed to JP equivalent
    Next INIT_SPEAR_FISHING_COUNT would need the have the You begin spearfishing change to the JP equivalent
    Next RESET_SPEAR_FISHING would need to have You put away your gig change to to the JP equivalent

You can use the folder structure provided in the first post to find these triggers. All other triggers are self contained variables that the EN names should continue to work fine…

I would offer to make these changes myself however finding proper equivalents to what I am current capturing in JP would be difficult.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by DevOps DevOps.

johnb
    Participant
    1+

This works and it is an elegant solution. Thank you.
    However is there any way to have act send the keypress to FFXIV without it being in focus?
    Also is it would need to VT when multiples of the fish are caught as well (as opposed to only one “Fish”).

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by  johnb.

rintoku
    Participant
    1+

i was succesed 🙂
    thanks DevOps!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.