Miqobot errors

Forum Forums Discussion Miqobot errors

This topic contains 22 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by r51093 r51093 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    r51093
    r51093
    Participant

Huh ive actually found a way to reproduce it consistently. And yea its not related to the number of connections or the editor at all.

It happens when you double click on grid to rename it and then quickly move the mouse away. When the grid is small double clicking takes only a fraction of a second. But with your grid it takes a lot more like 1-2 seconds and this is enough time to move the mouse around. Also it doesnt happen when you move the mouse outside of Miqo window but more like when you place the cursor on top of some other control. It seems like the position of the mouse cursor is used to determine the position of double click and the item that needs renaming. But since the two are spread out in time they get out of sync and it tries to rename something else.

So basically: double click on grid -> renaming starts loading -> move mouse away and put it on another text field (branch distance for example) -> renaming finishes loading -> takes the current mouse pos and tries to rename branch distance -> branch distance is not actually a grid name -> crash.

😲 so i just need to leave the mouse idle for longer!? that would be epic if it was something so simple!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by r51093 r51093.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Yea exactly.

r51093
    r51093
    Participant

Yea exactly.

nice!! thank you 😀

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for the detailed report.
    We have managed to reproduce this problem based on the information you provided.

Indeed, there is a critical bug in the GUI library used by Miqobot that crashes the application under the described conditions. We will investigate the problem and will try to design a solution to prevent it in the future versions. Thank you very much.

r51093
    r51093
    Participant

r51093
    r51093
    Participant

So basically: double click on grid -> renaming starts loading -> move mouse away and put it on another text field (branch distance for example) -> renaming finishes loading -> takes the current mouse pos and tries to rename branch distance -> branch distance is not actually a grid name -> crash.

i have to ask how in the world did you figure this out? just trial and error? or is there a debug option somewhere?

Thank you for the detailed report.
    We have managed to reproduce this problem based on the information you provided.

Indeed, there is a critical bug in the GUI library used by Miqobot that crashes the application under the described conditions. We will investigate the problem and will try to design a solution to prevent it in the future versions. Thank you very much.

thank you 😀

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Honestly ive just stumbled upon it randomly just like you did. Clicking everywhere and the error popped up. I assumed it had to do something with big grids so i took yours and tried to do different things. Plus a little bit of IT background to understand why.

r51093
    r51093
    Participant

Honestly ive just stumbled upon it randomly just like you did. Clicking everywhere and the error popped up. I assumed it had to do something with big grids so i took yours and tried to do different things. Plus a little bit of IT background to understand why.

i see, well thank you and i am impressed i never would have figured that out 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.