Miqobot crashing during crafting

Forum Forums Discussion Miqobot crashing during crafting

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

I try and make Koppranickel Nugget as a gold smith and when i do the program crashes. Not sure if this is a known issue. I’m level 60 have all my skills on the hot bars have 700 craftsmanship and 662 control, not sure if any of that information will help in the chasing down of the bug.

Any tips on a work around maybe?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Our Tech Support has contacted you by email.
    Please reply by email with the information requested for analysis.

PhB
    Participant

Hi,

I experienced the same thing on at least two recipies, blacksmith also. Unchecking “Waste Not” resolved it.

deathtoall1990
    Participant

I’ve had a similar issue with the High Steel Nugget as a blacksmith. Seems like it doesn’t like when I add Manipulation to the CPU intensive tasks. Don’t really need it since they’re just nuggets but found it weird that it would crash the bot.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Please do not enable too many CPU Intensive settings. They lead to increased RAM usage which may not be physically available on your machine. An attempt to allocate nonexistent amount of memory will always result in a crash.

At the moment Miqobot relies on user understanding of RAM usage and trusts him with selecting the correct settings.

Botiqe
    Participant

I’m also encountering the same problem, with leatherworking, boarskin satchel belts at lv31

I have 32GB of ram and an I7-7700k working at 4.20ghz
    I’m using around 5-6gbs of ram so I believe it should be more than enough for Miqo to gorge herself on ram.

I’m available to help you guys troubleshoot this issue with any further details you might need

edit:
    Other crafting seems fine, at the same lv range, with Linen Chausses its working properly as well as with previous ones so it feels like its an issue with only a few crafts?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  Botiqe.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Enabling a full set of CPU Intensive settings will result in 1622.4 GB of RAM requirement.

But of course, please give us a screenshot of your settings on Crafting tab, and we will do our best to help you 🙂

Botiqe
    Participant

I won’t be home the next 3 days so I can’t reproduce it right now but I will try to reproduce it on my laptop since I have the game and poor overworked Miqo working even when I’m on the go!

Like I mentioned, with all the same settings on (and cpu intensive), it only crashes on that particular craft, others, even higher level ones work fine. It hangs up for a few seconds while doing its calculations but then it unfreezes and works as intended.

On this particular item it crashes and closes right away.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  Botiqe.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

We’ve managed to reproduce your problem.

Indeed there is a bug in Crafting Solver data structures that may lead to a crash on certain hardware. It is not caused by RAM overflow but is still related to using too many CPU Intensive abilities. Speficially when you enable Ingenuity, Manipulation, and Waste Not at the same time, it leads to combinatorial explosion of state transitions.

We will make the necessary adjustments and this particular case will not result in a crash. However we still ask you not to enable 3 or more CPU Intensive abilities at the same time, because it results only in +0.3% HQ rate on average and therefore is not rational.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.