Miqo Download Failed – Virus Detected

Forum Forums Discussion Miqo Download Failed – Virus Detected

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  zebby 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

zebby
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been a happy user of Miqobot for several years and have never had any substantial issues with the app.
    I was using the bot today for some regular gathering and went to check on it and found the app had stopped. Closed down. I clicked back on the link to repopen it and some strange message error came up (I am not a techy guy, did not save the error message or anything).
    My usual default action on something like this is to just go download the bot again and hey presto!!
    Usually when I downbload the bot I do get a warning come up about the bot not being recognised or something but I can usually bypass this and away we go.
    Now my computer is saying that it’s failed with Virus Detected.
    Since I’ve had the bot, my life hasn’t imploded with ID fraud and credit cards being taken out (although a surprising number of Nigerian princes do seem to be contacting me???) so I am assuming that Miqo is as safe as I have always found it to be and that this maybe an update or something from Microsoft. I’ve tried doing all the things that the web suggests about exceptions and things, but as I said, I am not a techy guy and most of this is over my head.
    Could someone make any suggestion in plain English of what might have happened and how I can resolve this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Zzoomers
    Zzoomers
    Participant

You need to ignore it and go ahead with the install. It is not a virus nor ever has been.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Most likely, your antivirus has downloaded a new update which introduced a new False Positive.
    Even if you did not experience this problem before, it doesn’t mean that you never will. Antiviruses are updated often and each update has a chance to introduce a new False Positive bug.

Please whitelist your Miqobot application and report this behavior to your antivirus vendor.

If you require additional assistance, please contact our Tech Support directly:
    https://miqobot.com/#support

zebby
    Participant

For some unknown reason, shortly after you responses (thank you) it no longer was detecting a virus and I got the usual warning which you can then bypass, and the bot installed itself.

Many thansk for the replies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.