Miqo crash during Out on a Limb?

Forum Forums Discussion Miqo crash during Out on a Limb?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by kirby kirby 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    kirby
    kirby
    Participant

I’ve used Miqobot for a while now for crafting and gathering and never had any problems. I’ve recently started using it for (supervised) MGP farming, but am having some difficulties.

When starting Out on a Limb, Miqo does fine for a little while but then seems to lose whatever it was doing mid-game. It will start hitting the same Nothing spot repeatedly and then the Miqo app will force quit with no notification. This happens when I have FF14 as the main window, in the background not-minimized, and in the background minimized.

Any suggestions?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Never seen that but looks like a memory bug. Try restarting the game.

kirby
    kirby
    Participant

Unfortunately it’s persisted across several game and computer restarts over the past couple of days. I haven’t reinstalled Miqo yet, but not sure that would do anything.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for reporting!

This behavior usually indicates that there is a third-party application interfering with the game and Miqobot performance. Especially if it’s persistent across Windows reboots.
    We can try to diagnose your issue, but we will require more information.

1. What settings have you enabled on Gold Saucer tab?
    2. Have you tried faming minigames in the past? Have you ever experienced this issue before?
    3. What antivirus and firewall do you use?
    4. Have you installed any other third-party applications recently?
    5. Please show us a complete message log from the Output Area. (Starting from “Hello! I am your Miqobot!”)
    kirby
    kirby
    Participant

Heya admin!

1. Nothing unusual, and doesn’t change crash behavior if I change the numbers. Count 50 :: OoaL – Titan – 5-10 plays – 15 seconds :: Miner – Morbol – 1-2 plays – 5 rounds won.
    2. It was perfectly fine for the first day or two, but in the past three or so it keeps crashing.
    3. Standard Windows Defender and Firewall, no customizations
    4. None that I can think of off the top of my head, and none with any kind of overlay or ongoing processes.
    5. Is there a way to see past logs? Once it crashes, I can’t see the old ones to see possible last line. I watched it just now and it was perfectly normal Out on a Limb log, but after completing a set successfully (with 0:42 seconds still on minigame in-game timer) it suddenly closed.

Here is what I saw before it force-quit:

(11:19:11 AM) Hello! I am your Miqobot!
    (11:19:12 AM) I’ve found a yummy license file! Can I? :3
    (11:19:12 AM) Searching for catnip with your license code…
    (11:19:12 AM) Thank you, this is an awesome catnip license!
    (11:19:12 AM) Your license is valid until: 2019-02-18 19:55:18 (UTC)
    (11:19:13 AM) I found the game! Let’s play together! :3
    (11:19:16 AM) Playing minigames!
    (11:19:16 AM) Max games: 50
    (11:19:17 AM) Yes, I want to play!
    (11:19:20 AM) Selecting difficulty: Titan
    (11:19:21 AM) Aiming at: [95.00%, 100.00%]. Hit: 95.76%.
    (11:19:26 AM) [50.19% – Great]
    (11:19:30 AM) [50.19% – Great, 43.79% – Good]
    (11:19:34 AM) [50.19% – Great, 43.79% – Good, 58.18% – !!!]
    (11:19:34 AM) Sweet spot! Should I double?

It was about three rounds into a single play and then force quit after the “Should I double?”

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by kirby kirby.
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Participant

Should be a CPU overload issue, can you double check on the CPU utilization during the gameplay?

Right-click on the taskbar and click on task management, if by chance it is 100% usage then try to decrease the stuff in the background.

If by chance this issue is not CPU related then it might be the firewall itself (I used to have this problem before and fixed it by whitelisting Miqo via the firewall and anti-virus)

kirby
    kirby
    Participant

Just ran it again, CPU is perfectly fine. It was at 34% CPU load and 45% Memory load when I started up and ran Miqo MGP. There were no spikes while running it. She got through one full round of Out on a Limb and then it force quit at random during the second round of it. Again it was during the “Should I double?” phase after a successful hit.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by kirby kirby.
    kirby
    kirby
    Participant

Ran it again, this time after making an exception in Windows Firewall for Miqobot app. No apparent changes, but this time Miqo force quit in the middle of a Out on a Limb game. It randomly quit while the mini-game’s pointer was bouncing up and down, which is different from most of the prior force quits.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

We have sent you a diagnostics build of Miqobot by email.
    Please download it and follow the steps in the email to generate a file with the message log. Then send it to us for further analysis.

Thank you!

kirby
    kirby
    Participant

Sent you my response with the log! I will stick to email for further conversation so we don’t spam the forum. Thanks!

kirby
    kirby
    Participant

Follow-up to the above:

Discussed with Miqo admin and confirmed the issue was caused by a third-party program unrelated to miqobot. I didn’t quite find the offending program causing the crashes, but it is running perfectly fine now. Thank you for your prompt support!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.