Miqo Community is Wonderful

Forum Forums Discussion Miqo Community is Wonderful

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Ai Ai 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

GatheringKing
    Participant
    6+

Like many of you, I have been keeping tabs on the issues in Ukraine, more personally since several of my veteran friends from my time in service have volunteered there.

What I love about this community is that it stays up to date almost daily in internal conversations with each other, even when the developers have more pressing irl matters to address.

I have looked at other bot communities like Reborn Buddy, Minion, etc and between the archaic forums that they have, the features/layout are just as confusing/intimidating as you’d fear.

Thus, simply looking at the patience of the community and the transparency from the dev’s, I have to say that Miqobot provides us with such a major QOL resource that no other platform nor developer currently provides.

I hope we can continue to band together in support of the Miqo team and helping one another with things like the Island Sanctuary post, while we patiently wait for updates.

All the best.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  GatheringKing.

SilverNightFlyer
    Participant
    1+

I agree. I’m refreshing the forum page every few hours hoping for an update that the Miqoteam is still safe (as safe as they can be with everything)
    I don’t care how long we have to wait, as long as they can stay safe and alive

decuvieri
    Participant

I’m comparatively new to botting and chose Miqo because the developers seemed active on the forums and the community was creating/posting resources, not something I saw with a lot of the alternatives. Like a lot of people here, I chose to renew my sub knowing that there would be considerable downtime following 6.2 – if Miqo came back online at all. I still considered it well worth the price and a way to support a good developer, not as charity but out of gratitude.

Also like a lot of people here I suspect, I started poking around other bots to fill the void. I’ve trialed a couple and have been dissatisfied with each. Abandonware, overly complicated interfaces, CPU-crippling memory hogs, outdated/missing user tutorials, programs that are only bare frameworks and you have to buy addon functionality packs at additional cost, etc… There are definitely flashier bots out there that perhaps perform a bit smoother than Miqo in some areas, but of all those that I’ve tried this developer and this community is the one I want to continue supporting. Here’s praying we all get the chance to for a long, long time.

Xion
    Participant

I’ve used Minion before I switched to Miqo years ago. Minion is riskier and costly since you have to buy modules to achieve some of the basic functionality Miqo already offers out of the box / or needs to be set up in a complex way compared to Miqo.

I will, like most people here – wait patiently until the bot is back but given the state of the world right now it could take a while. Safety and survival are more important than getting a bot online.
    It’s an odd feeling doing things manually for a change but Dalamud plugins offer some functionality to make things easier for me.

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster
    17+

Thank you for your kind words! Knowing that there are people supporting us and waiting for us to return means a lot and gives us strength.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.