Minigame issues?

Forum Forums Discussion Minigame issues?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  maddy99 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

maddy99
    Participant

Heya,

I’m new here and currently on trial, I’m mostly interested in Miqobot for the minigame support, however when I go to minion square and activate it, the log will say “Let’s play ‘Out on a Limb’!”, my character runs in circles for about 30 seconds, then the log says stuff about being lost in the woods and it aborts without ever playing. If I manually click the games and start it, it’ll work for a single game. Help?

Mark
    Participant

have you setup the game right controll/camera wise? cause it working fine here

Quick Setup

Character Configuration -> Mouse Mode (not Gamepad Mode).
    Character Configuration -> Movement Settings -> Legacy Type (not Standard Type).
    Character Configuration -> Flying Mount Takeoff -> Auto: Take off on jump.
    Make sure you have Move, Strafe and Jump-Descend keys assigned. They don’t have to be exactly WSAD and Spacebar. Any keys will do, they just have to be there.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by  Mark.

maddy99
    Participant

Yep, I have all those set up. I originally had it in standard and it would throw an error without trying to do anything.

Here’s the full log, all the while my char is running in circles between the games.

(7:00:21 PM) Let’s play ‘Out on a Limb’!
    (7:01:03 PM) Oh noes, I couldn’t reach the destination in time. I guess I’m stuck here. πŸ™
    (7:01:03 PM) Time/Estimate: 42.2411/42.2318
    (7:01:03 PM) I got lost in woods, and there are creatures around me, and I can’t find way back home… Falling into oblivion.
    (7:01:03 PM) I got lost in woods, and there are creatures around me, and I can’t find way back home… Falling into oblivion.
    (7:01:03 PM) Sorry, can’t move. I got lost in the woods, and I can’t find way back home.
    (7:01:03 PM) Sorry, can’t move. I got lost in the woods, and I can’t find way back home.
    (7:01:03 PM) Poking creatures in the woods… Good night! <3

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster

Could it be possible that you stand too far away from mini games? Try to come closer if so, or even click at Out on a Limb game first and then turn on miqo ^^ Also check up if you have put all the settings like “count” for mini games and “play for … minutes”.

maddy99
    Participant

I’ve tried with the default settings, I’ve also changed them around.

I’m currently at-

Count: 100
    Out on a limb: Morbol – 5-10
    Finer Miner: Morbol – 3-5
    Double until: 15/5
    Play for: 30-40
    Afk for: 2-5

It’ll never start the first game, I can manually start it, it’ll complete, then runs around again without ever starting a new round

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Would you please let us know whether you have any non-standard Character Settings?

1. Are you playing in 3rd person view or in 1st person view?
    2. Do you use any reversed axis? (under Character Configuration -> General -> Camera Control)
      Inverted axis support is currently being implemented as described here: Inverted Y Axis
    3. Do you use a non-default Camera Speed? (under Character Configuration -> General -> at the bottom)
      The default speed is 50.
    4. Do you have any shortcuts that may interfere with Point Camera actions? (under System -> Keybinds -> Movement tab).
      For more information on what shortcut interference is, please follow this guide: Keybinds and Icons Recognition
    5. If nothing from above helps, you may send us the following files from your Config Directory:
      – COMMON.DAT
      – CONTROL0.DAT
      – CONTROL1.DAT
      – KEYBIND.DAT
      This way, we can reproduce your Character Settings exactly, and tell you how to fix it.
      These files contain no personal information, and you can view them in Notepad to make sure.
      You can find more information here: Config File Names and Descriptions

Thank you very much!

maddy99
    Participant

Heya and thank you for the assistance πŸ˜€

1. 3rd person
    2. Nope
    3. Nope, 50
    4. Nope

Far as I know, everything is default, I only recently reinstalled FFXIV and haven’t changed much yet. Where do I send the files to? I’m unable to attach due to security stuff.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by  maddy99.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Far as I know, everything is default, I only recently reinstalled FFXIV and haven’t changed much yet. Where do I send the files to? I’m unable to attach due to security stuff.

Just archive them into Zip or Rar, and you will be able to attach them πŸ™‚

Also, one more question.
    Please switch to Monitor tab and look at XYZ and Camera values. Do these values look stable when you move the camera up/down and left/right?
    CamH should be within [-3.14; 3.14] range.
    CamV should be within [-1.48; 0.79] range.

If you could make a screenshot of the Monitor tab, it would help too.

Thank you very much!

maddy99
    Participant

Alrighty, here you go~

And double-checked, the monitor values stayed within those ranges while moving the camera

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for attaching the screenshot and the config files. Seems like we’ve detected the cause of your issue.

First of all, your Character Settings are fine.
    It’s the Monitor that indicates the broken data.

The Z coordinate throughout the Chocobo Square is 0.0, but your Monitor shows 2.15. It’s like your character is floating mid air. You weren’t actually jumping while taking a picture, right? πŸ™‚
    Something made Miqobot confused about XYZ coordinates. She doesn’t detect them correctly, so she can’t navigate properly, which in turn leads to running in circles. This may be a new issue from Patch 3.3, since this is the first time we see this bug.

We already have an idea of how to fix it, and we’ll prepare a special diagnostics build for you.
    It will be ready in a few hours.

In the meantime, would you please check the 3D Radar tab for additional information?
    Please enable Show -> All and Show -> Self options there.

• Does it show the green circles in the game?
    • Does it show the green circle corresponding to your character?
    • Does this circle lay on the ground or float mid air?

Thank you!

maddy99
    Participant

Here’s what I got. I didn’t jump, lol. The Z seems to correspond with the height of the camera(Edit: As in panning my camera all the way down so its as high as can be puts Z into double digits) not my character’s height? Also, if it helps, I’m a big ole elf.

Looks like the green circle is lying flat.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by  maddy99.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for clarifying!

We have sent you a diagnostics build by email.
    Please download it and check whether the issue with running in circles is gone.

1. When you are at Chocobo Square, open the Monitor tab.
    2. Verify that Z coordinate shows a value of 0.0 (or close to it).
    3. Switch to Minigames and press Start.

Does Miqobot work correctly now?

maddy99
    Participant

That seems to have fixed it, it’s working perfectly now, made around 10k MGP in just a few minutes with it, I’m very happy now ^_^

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.