MGP Farming – Triple Triad – Selling cards…Worth it?

Forum Forums Discussion MGP Farming – Triple Triad – Selling cards…Worth it?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Zygosis 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

zatoichi
    Participant

Question regarding triple triad. I read a few threads regarding support for it not really being a priority, availability of open source options etc. Totally understand priorities of dev team – especially with current limitations around time available to them with the invasion happening (you, your families and friends are all in our prayers – stay safe!). I have not tried the current methods of MGP farming available in Miqo yet…are they substantially better return than MGP farming Triple Triad Cards to sell?

I was working on filling out my deck and ran across a triple triad NPC that got me thinking. The NPC is named Klynthota – located in Mor Dhona. Needed one card from them (they have a total of 4 available) – I was surprised at this because this particular NPC had 4 TT cards and all of them were 3 stars or better. I played them about 20 minutes got a bunch of cards from them on top of the MGP reward they normally provide if you win or draw.

Ended up getting about 7000 MGP worth of cards, rewards etc. Guesstimate same results in card drops (if average) around 21,000 MGP per hour? That’s about 500k MGP per day…I wasent playing quickly or in a rush back to back, just taking my time. Are the current Miqo MGP farming methods roughly that or better per hour?

*Did a little more research – this particular NPC has pretty cheeseable rules – Same/Plus.

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by  zatoichi.
    • This topic was modified 1 year ago by  zatoichi.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Miqo earns 600+ mgp per minute as the guide says. So thats about 36k per hour.

Arc
    Arc
    2+

There’s a 3rd party Dalamud plugin called Saucy that is pretty much a fully fledged triple triad bot with all the features anyone could ask for (except pvp), so even if they didn’t live in a war zone at the moment there’d no reason for Miqobot to develop a Triple Triad feature anymore, since there’s already a free and perfectly functional alternative out there.

That plugin has inbuilt statistics that records your winrate, cards earned, MGP value of cards, raw earned MGP and a few more things. Based off the data of other players on the plugin’s Discord (data from several thousand rounds of Triple Triad), except for two outliers Triple Triad will always earn you less MGP than with Miqobot at the minigames.

Those two outliers are the Triple Triad NPCs Vorsaile Heuloix in New Gridania, and the Indolent Imperial in Mor Dhona, but they also have their problems:
    – Vorsaile has the problem that he’s in the middle of a starter city full of players, in one of the most exposed areas of the entire city (the Grand Company board).
    – The I.Imperial has the problem that winning against him is way more inconsistent. I have every card in the game, and the best Triadbuddy could calculate was a deck with a 87.5% winning chance. The fact that his rules also change every now and then makes matters even worse. Also, he’s in the open world, so players can still report you if you’re being suspicious, botting there for hours and hours on end.

With that data here’s the MGP per hour results:
    Vorsaile Heuloix: ~55.000 MGP/hour
    Indolent Imperial: ~48.000 MGP MGP/hour
    Gold Saucer Minigames with Miqobot: ~36.000 MGP/hour
    Any other opponent: <33.000 MGP/hour

Here's my data on Vorsaile Heuloix alone:

Keep in mind that I have every TT card in the game, so I can make the perfect deck against Vorsaile.

Wiegraf
    Participant

To piggyback off of Arc’s post re: Saucy –

I’ve farmed millions of MGP using Saucy, the vast majority I’ve done by challenging the House Fortemps Manservant, who is in the instanced area of House Fortemps next to the Last Vigil aetheryte in Foundation (Ishgard). Since it’s in an instanced area no one else can see you and therefore report you, so on that front its much safer.

Now don’t forget it isn’t foolproof – FC\Linkshell\Friends can also see you if you’re playing Triple Triad for 12 hours at a time, so while you’ll avoid the random riffraff there is still that to think about if you think someone might report you from those areas. On SE’s side anyway though it hasn’t seem to raise any red flags, I’ve been playing Triple Triad straight through the night every other night for the last month and no worries so far.

aiko
    Participant

Could someone help me on installing saucy? I don’t see a json link. I’m new to this

edgedy
    Participant

This works great, thanks for the tips.

Zygosis
    Participant

For those needing Saucy, here’s the link its webpage:

Follow the instructions there and you’re good!

Zygosis
    Participant

https://puni.sh/plugin/Saucy

don’t know why it didn’t stay in last post; but meh

kailoren
    Participant

To further what Wiegraf mentioned, the House Fortemps Manservant is a very good source of MGP with Saucy especially when the MGP bonus event is active. You can get a lot more games in a shorter space of time and he drops cards like CRAZY. Statistically speaking, the “best” NPC to battle is Lewena in the Gold Saucer. This does have some drawbacks however. Namely she’s right next to the main counter which (While being extremely convenient for selling the cards) is not good for leaving unattended for long periods of time. I made a LOT of MGP early on before the bonus event by playing her on weekends from 7am-12pm as my server was relatively quiet in the saucer at those hours. She gives the highest MGP reward from any NPC in the game per win, and drops three 5* cards which sell for 1500 MGP each. She is also notoriously hard, even with Saucy and the TripleTriadBuddy plugin choosing the deck with the best chance statistically of winning, my win% was around 60% on Lewena. House Fortemps Manservant for me is almost 84%.

However, the fact you can leave Saucy running pretty much indefinitely within the instance of the House Fortemps Manservant, he is the most profitable battle per hour. The majority of the card drop value has been from playing Lewena around 2600 times, but the 5510 HFM battles have only been in the last 4-5 days before writing this post.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Lucas12345654
    Participant

So, between Lewena and Vorsaile who would give the most mgp per hour?

kailoren
    Participant

That depends how long you play and how good your deck is (how often you win). Lewena has a hard ruleset and even with half of the cards in the game my win chance was only 58%. Long term Vorsaile will probably be more MGP as you’re more likely to win and therefore get more cards dropping which you can sell.

Zygosis
    Participant

As for others being able to what you are doing, the simplest fix is to world travel first. When your on another server FC, and friends will just see that you are online on that server.

Obviously you are not invisible to everyone, this just reduces your characters visibility somewhat.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  Zygosis.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.