MCH combat assist optimization

Forum Forums Discussion MCH combat assist optimization

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

LightRampant
    Participant

I’m sorry if this was already asked before but I’m looking to improve miqo’s performance for MCH.

The Problem is that she uses air anchor a little early and I was wondering if there is a way to improve her performance for that and maybe Wildfire.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, the combat performance of Miqobot is not optimal and never will be.
    At the moment we aim to reach 90% of optimal DPS, but the cost of every additional improvement after that grows exponentially. We will continue working on them if there is enough demand.

Please let us know how exactly you would like to improve the algorithm and we will try to implement your suggestions in one of the future updates.

Please keep in mind, however, optimal rotation is not the purpose of Assist Mode.
    Miqobot can help you progress new encounters and show decent performance in highly repetitive content, but she will never be able to surpass a human player in the raiding environment.

LightRampant
    Participant

Thanks for the answer!

I do realize that she won’t ever be able to outmatch a high skilled human player, but I was hoping that her rotation could be improved a little.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TEXy7k22cyffrkgiBCSi63s8NOqNqFZvdAYrfw2denc/edit#heading=h.7fjjsft42nmh

this guide should be a good source for tweaking!

Thanks in advance! 🙂

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, this is one of the guides we have been using when implementing Machinist rotation.
    Miqobot tries to follow it as best as she can while keeping the algorithm reactive and adjusting on the fly. And we continue working on improvements in the order of complexity.

Are there are any specific adjustments you would like to see first?

Scalyblue
    Participant

Honestly, the best thing you could do for mch DPS would be to always ensure that you’re fitting 6 GCDs into every wildfire window. She wants to use ogcds under wildfire even when they would bump the last GCD out.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, this improvement is already planned.
    The problem, however, is only partly caused by oGCD. The main reason is that Miqobot does not prequeue global cooldowns which results in additional loss of 20-200ms on every GCD, depending on your keybind setup. The lack of GCD queueing system affects all jobs, therefore it will be addressed accordingly on a global level.

This is one of the most complex adjustments that will require another thorough redesign of the Combat system.
    For Miqobot it will result in approximately +2% DPS.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.